Looking for suggestions to reach Baha'i collectors

Advertisements, businesses, sales (Baha'i-related)
Ron Linebarger

Looking for suggestions to reach Baha'i collectors

Postby Ron Linebarger » Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:35 am

I have what I believe to be a book or collection of poems by Hafiz written in the Nastaliq-Shekasten Old Scrip. This book once belonged to Ali Kuli Khan and he gave it to William Randolph Hearst. The book is in poor condition due to water damage (during a fire) that caused many of the starch treated pages to stick together. A conservator did open two illumination pages and the inside cover where Ali Kuli Khan wrote a note to Mr. Hearst and signed his name at the bottom of the note.
Also inside the front cover of this book was a small envelope addressed to William R. Hearst with a hand written note "letter of Introduction" from Phoebe Hearst, "My dear Son, this will be presented to you by Mirza Ali Kuli Khan...ect.", signed "Your Loving, Mother". Dated Dec. 7th 1909.
I have photo's of everything mentioned on a disk. I would like to solicit offers on these two items from Baha'i collectors but have no idea how to go about it nor any clue as to their value.
I would appreciate hearing any suggestions as how to reach Serious Baha'i Collectors. I can be emailed at: ronlinebarger@sbcglobal.net
Sincerely, Ron

British_Bahai

Postby British_Bahai » Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:08 pm

You should contact the National Spiritual Assembly of your country.

They deal with these matters.

Ron Linebarger

Postby Ron Linebarger » Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:56 pm

british_bahai, Thank You for your reply/suggestion. Before I posted this message Jonah put me in contact with the National Baha'i Archives, United States and Mr. Robert Stockman and neither were interested in obtaining these two items. I did however e-mail Mr. Stockman photos for his records. I do appreciate your suggestion, Thank You. Ron

Ron Linebarger

Postby Ron Linebarger » Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:47 am

Anyone that would like to view several of the items mentioned in my post of June 3, 2007 may now do so at: http://bahai-library.com/ronprice/

Return to “Commercial”