Wanted to buy: Funky Baha'i jewelry

Advertisements, businesses, sales (Baha'i-related)
Truth

Wanted to buy: Funky Baha'i jewelry

Postby Truth » Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:31 am

Hello all, i'm a first time poster from the land of Oz. Just had a question for the lot of you...

Do any of you know where i can find funky Baha'i Jewelry? By funky, i'm referring to items such as necklaces that are made with beads and a brushed metal pendant of the greatest name. You know, kinda tribal looking. Hard to explain, but i'm basically looking for anything that isn't gold/silver/white gold, or some other type of expensive metal.
I had one previously and it broke. I loved it to death, and really want another one! lol. Any help would be appreciated!
No need to ask in whose presence I stood, as I bowed myself before one who is the object of a devotion and love which kings might envy and emperors sigh for in vain!

BritishBahai

Re: Wanted to buy: Funky Baha'i jewelry

Postby BritishBahai » Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:47 pm

YOU JOINED :D :D finally!! =D>

Call the NSA, im sure they can help. You always get sellers come to big Bahai conferences (selling their jewellry) so the NSA might know who some of these people are. Thats what I would do if I were you

Also, look on eBay.
"I have desired only what Thou didst desire, and love only what Thou dost love"

zarita

Postby zarita » Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:01 pm

Hi there in OZ

I am a Kiwi Baha'i jeweller and I have recently finished a degree in Jewellery Design. I know exactly what you mean by not wanting anything too bling and shiny. Although I haven't made any rustic or Baha'i jewellery lately (because of being stressed out at uni) I have had a whole bunch of ideas stewing in my head. One idea in particular is a beaded necklace that doubles as prayer beads (for the 95 Allah'u'abha's). I can work in copper (although this will turn your skin green), brass, silver (this can be oxidised and brushed to look more ethic/rustic) or any other metal. If you're keen, you could send me some ideas of what sort of style you would like, in the mean time I'll start making so I can post some photos on my blog.

Hope I can be of assistance,
Cheers
Zarah (in New Zealand)

Truth

Postby Truth » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:44 pm

Wow!! Awesome!! Thanks for posting Zarita, i didn't think i'd get a response like that! :D

Have you ever thought about possibly selling your stuff online when you get round to making it? I reckon there'd be a big market for young people who want funky baha'i jewelry rather than the usual gold/silver. If you're interested, let me know, i'm a software engineer and might be able to help set something up! ;)

In the meantime, i'll post up a picture of what i had when i get home... It's sort of tribal looking. Sigh. I miss it.
No need to ask in whose presence I stood, as I bowed myself before one who is the object of a devotion and love which kings might envy and emperors sigh for in vain!

zarita

Postby zarita » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:00 pm

What sort of beads were they and what was the Baha'i symbol? ie 9 pointed star, greatest name, ringstone symbol?

Truth

Postby Truth » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:11 am

Above is a pic of it. As you can see, the top part that clasps the necklace together is busted. Very simple, nothing special. Tribal looking, simple, but funky. It's also a really small necklace, so the pendant sits quite high, just below my neck.

zarita

Postby zarita » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:05 pm

Cool, very funky.
You could probably just get this one fixed. All it needs is a new clasp and maybe a new cord, it's really easy to do it yourself. You could also take it into a local bead shop and see if the people who work there can give you a hand. That would be cheaper than getting a new one and also you get to keep your old one. But if you still would like to get a new one I'll see what I can do:)

Truth

Postby Truth » Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:41 pm

Hummmm, i tried to do it myself but i really had no idea what i was doing. lol. I didn't know there were "bead" shops that could assist though, i'll see if i can find one.

Mind you though, i wouldn't mind getting a new one.... :D I'm looking for one that sits about as high as that one did, so it's always visible. Let me know what you think...

do you do rings as well? same sort of metal? I'd love to get a ring or two...

Truth

Postby Truth » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:17 am

Actually, hold that thought. I just saw a jason statham movie (he's my hero) and i saw something i was really into.

I'll get back to you when i finally work out what i want. (i sound like a woman, i know)

CrochetDad

Postby CrochetDad » Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:42 pm

My daughter sells Baha'i related jewelry on her web site: http://www.lovebitsandpeaces.com/

zarita

Postby zarita » Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:01 pm

Hi there, sorry I haven't replied in so long. I have finally finished everything at uni and now I can get on with making some funky baha'i jewellery! Have you found a necklace yet? If not, I can still make one for you. This week I will be embarking on making a whole bunch of stuff so I can post pictures up and so you know what sort of thing I make. In regards to rings, the best metal to use would be sterling silver as it is strong, shouldn't give any allergies and it can be made to look rustic/funky.
anyway, looking forward to hearing from you
Z

Return to “Commercial”