Shameless self promotion

Advertisements, businesses, sales (Baha'i-related)
Dame

Shameless self promotion

Postby Dame » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:46 am

And sniveling.

Sniveling first. We currently have 3 mostly adorable kittens. One of them just lept onto my keyboard and ripped the n key off the keyboard of a Panasonic Toughbook. It will survive being dropped 3 stories, but not an attack by a one lb kitten. Oh well?

Now for the shameless self promotion.

I farm, producing honey and bees as a cash crop. The Baha'i Writings are quite helpful, primarily the Compilation by the Research Department of the Universal House of Justice titled Economics, Agriculture and Related Subjects (2004). I was made aware of this booklet by a Baha'i friend who had knowledge of its existence shortly after it became available in N. America.

I have not yet encountered anyone else who is familiar with the publication.

Anyway, in a previous lifetime I was engaged in administrative study and employment such that the administrative principles presented in the above provide many enjoyable hours of reflection and attempted administrative implementation.

So, I am openly canvasing for persons who are interested in study/application of the agricultural prescription delineated by Baha'ullah (a la Firefox spellchecker) and interpreted and expanded by 'Abdu'l-Baha.

brettz9

Re: Shameless self promotion

Postby brettz9 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:41 pm

Hello Dame,

There are a couple of quotes here too: http://bahai-library.com/?file=hornby_l ... griculture

Though you got it pretty close, "Baha'u'llah" is transliterated in the Baha'i Writings with an extra apostrophe.

It actually should be "Bahá'u'lláh", but unless we're copy-pasting, most of us don't tend to be that precise.

Anyways, as to the important point of your post, there is apparently still a mailing list dedicated to agriculture called "Noble Creation" and the list was maintained by a Baha'i computer association affiliated with the National Spiritual Assembly of the U.S. See http://www.bcca.org/services/lists/noble-creation/ and for joining details at http://www.bcca.org/services/lists/nobl ... hatis.html

If you like, I could also set up a discussion forum to hold ongoing discussions about agriculture here (subcategorized under our topical forum), but unless God made it easy, you might have to do a bit of promotion to help more people find it... :)

Dame

Postby Dame » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:47 am

Dear Brett,

Checked the link and it was last updated in 1996.

I personally find that children and youth are most attentive when a constant prospect of immediate food is present. Even the picky eaters will engage in eating as a primary social acceptance activity. Street gangs can be convinced to stop fighting with rumors of pizza.

Do most Baha'is not share this preoccupation with fueling their bodies and brains.

brettz9

Postby brettz9 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:04 am

The page might not have updated for a while, but I really wouldn't be surprised if the mailing list had a greater longevity.

I think we Baha'is, like most people, probably have too great of an interest in food! Food is a big part of many Baha'i gatherings...

Of course there may always be room for improvement of the quality of the fuel you speak of. I think you'd still find a good amount of interest among certain Baha'is about nutrition, and this is a field Baha'is have been encouraged to study.

As far as agriculture, Baha'u'llah's extremely strong emphasis on developing agriculture was particularly for countries where material development was low. Famines and aid dependency has been the lot of too many countries. And poor trading opportunities don't help them either. This is an extremely acute moral and social question.

Baha'is have also been urged to study such subjects as agriculture (see http://bahai-library.com/?file=hornby_l ... er=5#n2147 ) which can be of great use in developing countries.

Brett

Truth

Postby Truth » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:29 am

lol @ toughbook. I got to throw one around at work the other day... I was pretty impressed... Till i read your post!

Uhhh, continue on with previous conversation!
No need to ask in whose presence I stood, as I bowed myself before one who is the object of a devotion and love which kings might envy and emperors sigh for in vain!

Dame

Postby Dame » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:27 pm

Truth, the toughbook is 5 years old and has had an extensive feild use life. This is the first time I have noticed any problems at all. It matches its reputation for multiple difficult environments.

Over the years, I have been repeatedly surprised by how much and what a young child or animal can trash, apparently without effort. For a time we used an old cast iron bathtub without plumbing as a time out space for toddlers (it was the one space they could not pick apart).

Return to “Commercial”