online Library Science degree (not Baha'i-related)

Advertisements, businesses, sales (Baha'i-related)
Jonah-admin
Site Admin

online Library Science degree (not Baha'i-related)

Postby Jonah-admin » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:09 am

I just got an email asking me to link to http://librarysciencedegree.org/. I assumed it was link-exchange spam, which I get dozens of a week, but it looks legit. I'm so happy to get an (apparently) legitimate link-exchange request that I've posted it here.
:santaclaus:
Here's the blurb I received:
My goal was to compile an unbiased and updated list of every school that offers a library science degree in the US. I felt the existing lists were not comprehensive, easy to find, and many web sites have outdated information and links. I believe I have built a useful resource for library science students and would simply like to ask that you take a look and link to my site if you agree. All the schools are listed on the front page and lead directly to each program, additionally they are sorted by state.

Dame

Re: online Library Science degree (not Baha'i-related)

Postby Dame » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:51 am

Jonah, Good post. Every forum I read or participate in seems to have every increasing numbers of span.

Somehow the administrators stay ahead of it, yet it must really interfere in their own capacity to actualy use and enjoy the forums.

As a user with minimum computer skills, I would like to thank you and all the other site admin people out there for commiting the time to these really useful sites.

Jonah-admin
Site Admin

Re: online Library Science degree (not Baha'i-related)

Postby Jonah-admin » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:52 am

Thanks, Dame!

Yes, we do get a ton of spam. To cut it off before it gets posted, we have a couple security things turned on. First, we approve all new registrations before people can post, and usually it's easy to tell what's a spammer name (like xqxpx321) vs a real name (like fred22). Second, all posts by new members get quarantined before I approve them, so spam gets deleted before it makes it online.

Having said all that, luckily this isn't a busy forum. We average only 1 or 2 (legitimate) posts per week. If we were getting a dozen posts a day, like many forums, it would be impossible to keep up with.

-J

P.S. Further correspondence with the site owner confirms that it is indeed a legitimate project, not spam.

Return to “Commercial”