Baha'i Library Forum Index name change

News, suggestions, corrections
onepence

Baha'i Library Forum Index name change

Postby onepence » Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:52 pm

I came here because of the title of this website indicates that I will be able to have fellowship with members of the Baha'i Faith in good standing.

I do not come here seeking the views of exbaha'is or covenant breakers.

I think it would be nice if some sort of policy can be generated so that viewers/writers like myself will have a clear understanding of the nature of this forum.

The use of the term "Baha'i" implies "good standing".

It makes no difference to me if the moderator wants to allow exbahai views but if the owner/s:moderators want to allow nonbaha'i views than a name change is in order ... something along the lines of

Library Forum

.... thus viewers have a better clue as to the owners affliation.

or another policy could be in effect ... to the effect of only proven members in good standing with the Baha'i community are allowed to post ... thus keeping the good name of Baha'i from being besmirched with the mire of the nonbelievers.

or ... some other policy ... perhaps a "sticky" ... with a comment ... the owners of this site are to busy to ensure the posters here are Baha'is ... so please enter at your own risk ...

thus people like myself are not fooled by the use of the name "Baha'i" into thinking that we are having good fellowship ...

name change or policy change is in order.

oneness
the apostle dean

Baha'i Warrior

Postby Baha'i Warrior » Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:23 pm

A very important post indeed, and long overdue.

Just to add:

Maybe there can be some sort of disclaimer stating that "The views expressed by the members of this forum do not necessarily reflect those of the Baha'i teachings, and the posters themselves may not actually be Baha'is (or "Baha'is in good standing"). Something to that effect, maybe?

Zazaban

Postby Zazaban » Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:43 pm

I think if you're on the internet this should be assumed.
Justice and equity are twin Guardians that watch over men. From them are revealed such blessed and perspicuous words as are the cause of the well-being of the world and the protection of the nations.
~ Bahá'u'lláh

onepence

Postby onepence » Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:38 pm

Zazaban wrote:I think if you're on the internet this should be assumed.

not necessarily ... besides ... as I pointed out elsewhere ... honest statements about the nature of the business at hand is needed.

Jonah-admin
Site Admin

Postby Jonah-admin » Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:29 am

I'm closing this thread, as the discussion has moved to a new thread, <a href="http://bahai-library.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?p=4946">Should non- or ex-Baha'is be allowed; should I post warnings</a>. -Jonah

Return to “About Baha'i Library”