Small request for assistance

News, suggestions, corrections
brettz9

Small request for assistance

Postby brettz9 » Sat Apr 09, 2005 2:23 am

Hello all,

I am currently working on a project to try to get all items in the Bahá'í Writings we have online here at the Bahá'í Library Online with all the material in the books, including prefaces, introductions, and indexes--especially indexes--which may have been omitted in the digital version.

I would be most appreciative if anyone could help me to learn what may be missing from our online versions of the items below.

If anyone could help to verify, even for just one item, it would be a big help.

Of course, it would be great, if someone could scan and proofread the missing sections also, as I do not have access to these (unlike the 50 or so others I do have access to), but if not, I can see about trying to obtain a copy of these somehow if it is determined that the following are in fact missing sections.

'Abdu'l-Bahá on Divine Philosophy
Messages to Canada (original 1965 version (not the 1999 version))
Passing of Abdu'l-Baha, The
Tablet to Auguste Forel
Tablets of Abdu'l-Baha: Volumes 1-3
Tablets, Instructions, and Words of Explanation revealed by Abdul Baha Abbas

For the Hidden Words, do any copies have an index?

For Bahá'í Scriptures, I know we are missing its glossary and index, but I could use help getting these sections scanned and proofread. For Lights of Guidance, I know it cannot be posted due to copyright (at least for now), but it'd be nice to have its index and other sections besides the main text.

The indexes, of all of these are intended to go into a database to allow the browsing and searching of a comprehensive topical index to the Writings--one which has advantages in some ways over mere search-engine searches, given that someone has already taken the time to categorize references (e.g., "prayer of 'Abdu'l-Bahá" might not turn up in a search of the contents of the book, but it could appear as a category in an index).

Also, out of curiosity, did the Bahá'í News periodical contain indexes at all? I would doubt it, but just checking...

thank you in advance,
Brett

Jonah-admin
Site Admin

Postby Jonah-admin » Sat Apr 09, 2005 2:37 pm

For <a href=http://bahai-library.com/?file=compilation_japan_turn_ablaze.html>Japan Will Turn Ablaze</a>, I scanned the 1992 Baha'i Publishing Trust of Japan edition. I scanned the whole thing, including TOC, intro, afterword, and bibliography. No index.

I haven't seen the other editions of this book, possibly they have indexes etc. If they're missing the photos, then they must be different -- different page numbers, anyway.

Return to “About Baha'i Library”