the world's largest private sector development

Items in the news
onepence

the world's largest private sector development

Postby onepence » Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:23 am

The Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Abdullah bin AbdulAziz AlSaud today visited King Abdullah Economic City (KAEC), the world's largest private sector development near Jeddah ...

http://www.ameinfo.com/94002.html

King Abdullah's visit follows the record-breaking completion of EEC's initial public offering (IPO), to which more than half of the Saudi national population had subscribed.

'The six components of KAEC - the world-class seaport, industrial district, education and healthcare zone, financial island, resorts and residential area - will power the development of Saudi Arabia as a global economic powerhouse. When completed within 36 months, in phases, the project and its components have the potential to generate 500,000 new jobs for Saudi nationals.'

Zazaban

Postby Zazaban » Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:18 pm

I've heard of that, will be an exellent addition to the list of middle eastern cities, and I hope will have a long and successful future.
Justice and equity are twin Guardians that watch over men. From them are revealed such blessed and perspicuous words as are the cause of the well-being of the world and the protection of the nations.
~ Bahá'u'lláh

onepence

Postby onepence » Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:53 pm

yea ... i kinda like the idea of citizens being able to earn a share into a new city being built ... very Baha'i like ...

oneness
dh

Zazaban

Postby Zazaban » Sat Aug 19, 2006 1:05 pm

though I personally don't care for the name. "King Abdullah City" would be okay, but the addition of "economic" is silly.
Justice and equity are twin Guardians that watch over men. From them are revealed such blessed and perspicuous words as are the cause of the well-being of the world and the protection of the nations.

~ Bahá'u'lláh

Return to “News”