Campaign for a New United Nations Assembly

Topics unrelated to the Baha'i Faith
curt

Campaign for a New United Nations Assembly

Postby curt » Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:23 pm

I received my monthly think e-mail from the stanley foundation today and read the following:

Campaign for a New United Nations Assembly. A campaign has been launched to create a new more inclusive UN parlimentary assembly. The campaign sponsored by the Committee for a Democratic UN, aims to give voice to global citizens, especially those from countries with disproportionately less power in the current UN system. The organizers see the assembly as an essential step in dealing with global threats in an increasingly interconnected world as well as a step towards establishing a more democratic global environment.

You can read it and more at stanleyfoundation.org. Under highlights clink on think.

We will no doubt be hearing more about this campaign from the media in the weeks and months to come.

Curt

brettz9

Postby brettz9 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:08 pm

I don't have time to comment now, but I wanted to thank you for pointing out this great and exciting resource. I see that a number of the ideas proposed are similar to Baha'i proposals. And whenever there is an attempt at a wider, more challenging unity (here between "progressive" and "conservative"), there are bound to be some promising results.

For anyone who would like to know about some Baha'i suggestions for the United Nations and its future, see http://bahai-library.com/published.uhj/ ... point.html

take care,
Brett

Return to “Non-Baha'i issues”