Im a stay-at-home mom and need ideas for a good job

Topics unrelated to the Baha'i Faith
solanki

Im a stay-at-home mom and need ideas for a good job

Postby solanki » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:56 am

Hi everyone, Solanki (the original poster) posted this message (see below) on this thread: Make money editing wiki pages
However, I decided it is in her best interests to move her post and instead start a new thread (so that other people can help her by giving ideas).
-BritishBahai, Wed 10th Dec 2008
_____

Well people, I am a staying at home mother of three and really do not have much money to start out with. I have been trying for a couple of years but no result. I am looking for a real work from home job that I can make money doing. I like typing and really would like a data typing job. What is a true money making work from home job? Thanks for any helpful information you can give me.

BritishBahai

Re: Im a stay-at-home mom and need ideas for a good job

Postby BritishBahai » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:32 am

Here are a few suggestions:

1. Register your CV online [remembering to take off your home address and only have your email address and cell-phone number as a point of contact].

2. Since you said you enjoy typing, have you considered "transcribing"?
Some companies record important meetings, and then there is the task of typing up what has been said at meetings.
You could look into that. Google it.

3. You might find this site useful:
http://www.varietyworkathome.com/

4. Maybe you can teach at home. Maybe teach English to foreigners?

5. Baby-sitting? Since you have a three-year-old already.

6. Ironing from home?

7. Offer to correct student's assignments from home (e.g. correct their grammar?). Dont know if that is possible, though.

Can anyone else think of other suggestions? O:)
"I have desired only what Thou didst desire, and love only what Thou dost love"

brettz9

Postby brettz9 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:56 am

You can get into web design (it will take some time though)...

chloe26

Postby chloe26 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:40 am

If you are into writing, why not try some home-based editing/writing job? Or you can start blogging and generate some profit from it... if not why not open a business and expose it through the web. It is possible. :)

Dame

Postby Dame » Sat May 15, 2010 1:41 am

Most post-secondary institutions have accessibility programing for students with specific requirement. They provide some students with funding to have written assignments transcribed from a number of sources.

Many small businesses, independent sub-contractors and even people with home businesses need someone willing to do administrative work, mostly data entry and this could be done from your home out of a clothes closet even (to keep young explorers exploring elsewhere). All the business needs is a scanner to let you do it at home.

Decide who you want to work for (make a list), what you can actually do competently; (data entry tends to be numbers) and contact the companies. Fee for service/ contract say with a retainer adds under work wanted on the free on-line sites may produce a number of offers.

Also, get a good friend to debrief with a couple times a week, possibly on line. Looking for work or building a home business can be discouraging and hard on the self esteem.

Return to “Non-Baha'i issues”