Article says 'Abdu'l-Baha was the Soul of Jesus returned

All research or scholarship questions
RobertD

Article says 'Abdu'l-Baha was the Soul of Jesus returned

Postby RobertD » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:28 pm

Can anyone read and comment on this article HE COMETH WITH CLOUDS which claims that 'Abdu'l-Baha is the "return" of the Soul of Jesus?
http://bahaisofutah.angelfire.com/CLOUDS.html

BruceDLimber

Re: Article says 'Abdu'l-Baha was the Soul of Jesus returned

Postby BruceDLimber » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:29 am

Greetings!

The firewalls here are preventing me from accessing the article in question (I may be able to read it later), but I'll simply point out that 'Abdu'l-Baha himself stated he was NOT a Divine Messenger!

Peace, :-)

Bruce

RobertD

Postby RobertD » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:01 pm

Bruce,

The article does not claim that 'Abdu'l-Baha thought He was Christ, but rather the "WORD". There is a differnce. Jesus Christ was composed of two Beings: the Christ (called the Father or Holy Spirit) and the WORD (called the Son). Jesus said "The Father is in me, and I am in the Father". The article argues that 'Abdu'l-Baha is the return of the WORD/Son, and Baha'u'llah is the return of the CHRIST/Father.

Christ=Manifestation of God=incarnation of a name/attribute of ALLAH, from the World of Names.

Word=the "command" of God, when ALLAH said "BE!" and created the Cosmos, from the World of Command.

The Word became "flesh" as Jesus (John 1:1-2,14), but Jesus was not "Christ" under His baptism when the Holy Spirit (Father) entered Him, and this is why Jesus afterwards said: "The Father is in me, and I am in the Father".

Shaykh Ahmad taught that every Prophet had a RUH (spirit) and NAFS (soul/individuality), and the Ruh and Nafs could "return" as two different individuals, such as the Imaam Mehdi, who returned as The Bab (Prophet) and as a chosen one (Quddus), or the prophet Muhammad whose Ruh returned as The Bab, and whose Nafs returned as Mollah Husayn Bushru'i, who was a "mustafa" (chosen one) but not a prophet lesser or otherwise.

This would mean that 'Abdu'l-Baha was not a "prophet" but a "chosen one". Google "Baha'u'llah" and "chosen ones" and see where He speaks of "chosen ones" and they are "sent" by God as well, but they are not "prophets".

Sorry the link did not work.

BruceDLimber wrote:Greetings!

The firewalls here are preventing me from accessing the article in question (I may be able to read it later), but I'll simply point out that 'Abdu'l-Baha himself stated he was NOT a Divine Messenger!

Peace, :-)

Bruce

coatofmanycolours

Postby coatofmanycolours » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:09 am

"Shaykh Ahmad taught that every Prophet had a RUH (spirit) and NAFS (soul/individuality), and the Ruh and Nafs could "return" as two different individuals..."

My understanding is that each Manifestation of God is a distinct individual Soul Whose defining characteristics are detachment, receptivity, questions, purity and reflectivity. He communes with that Spirit Who has called Him forth and taught Him all things, namely, First Will, First Remembrance, the Primal Word, the Ancient of Days, the Ancient Beauty.

Ancient, in my understanding, does not refer to the Man, Who is sometimes quite youthful when His mission is declared. Rather, it refers to that mystic source, First Will, Who is timeless and eternally in love with God, His beloved.

-Peter Gardner

Return to “Discussion”