A shameful attack on the Prophet of Islam

All research or scholarship questions
Dorumerosaer

A shameful attack on the Prophet of Islam

Postby Dorumerosaer » Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:42 pm

I was reading a website written against the Prophet Muhammad and the Revelation He brought. The author of the website had gathered together every word he could find, written against Islam. There is no shortage of such despicable “histories.” He relied on accounts written at the time of Muhammad by Christian and Jewish clergymen who spread the most loathsome and despicable lies, in an obvious attempt to maintain their own positions. It did not matter how antagonistic the author of a history was, and how suspect his motives; he quoted it and promoted it. He dug into the sewer, and promoted accusations against Muhammad of militaristic conquest, of sexual abuse of his child bride, of promoting narrow-mindedness and hatred. Anyone with the power of perception can see that the author’s sole object is slander, not truth.

The website, for all of its quotations and analysis, left something out: The Prophet, and His Teachings. The author's bias is shown by the fact that nowhere on the site do we find historical accounts from unprejudiced sources. Nowhere do we find the testimony of history showing the advances brought by Islam; the testimony of His followers to the beneficial impact of the Qur’an on their lives, their families, and their communities. Nowhere do we find a fair and representative selection of the teachings of Islam, of the admonitions to turn to God, to live a life of spotless sanctity, to be self-sacrificing, and just, and generous, and noble. And yet, the author pretends to scholarship, citing his sources, and contenting himself with this veneer of fair-mindedness. The man’s sole object is to smear the sacred.

Even if the author was raised in an environment where he was taught hatred of Islam and its Prophet, anyone who presumes to provide guidance to others on what is true and what is false, should at least ask God to guide him to be fair-minded, to quote from Islam’s apologists in response to these accusations, to consider the other side of arguments, to acknowledge the good deeds and the wholesome spirit evident in the Prophet Muhammad. If he wishes to reject His claims, let him at least weigh Him by the standards He Himself recommends. Let him at least conduct himself honorably.

And I read a similar website http://www.bahaiawareness.com which attacks the Baha'i Faith.

The author of this website has searched ardently, and unearthed the dregs of every statement written against the Baha’i Faith by its most implacable enemies, presenting it as unbiased truth. He quotes in scholarly manner, placing on it the veneer of open mindedness, to trap the unwary.

But where is a fair presentation of the Baha'i Teachings? Where is the acknowledgement of the countless noble and beneficial deeds of Baha’is worldwide? Where the testimony of non-Baha’is to the stainless character of the Founders of the Baha'i Faith, and the merits of of Their Teachings? Where is the testimony of those who have been rescued from prejudice and wickedness by Baha’u’llah and the Bab, now leading lives of holiness and devoted to the unity of all peoples? Where is the record of their obedience to governments worldwide? Where is the acknowledgement that the Baha’is, though oppressed in every Muslim country, yet speak up to the general population and present the truth of Islam, the holiness of its Prophet, and the sanctity and divine origin of the Qur’an?

Where is a single word acknowledging the merits of the Baha'i Faith?

The utter absence of all of these shows that the author of this site, known by the name of Imran Shaykh, is consumed by a bitter hatred of the Baha'i Faith. His sole motive is to turn people away from it, by any method. Where are `adl and `insaf? “Equity is rarely to be found, and justice hath ceased to exist.”

When one takes on the role of promoting Truth, the sole motive must be the search for truth, and the humble and fairminded setting forth of truth, including the merits of the religion that is the subject of the website.

You can do better, Mr. Imran Shaykh. Much, much better.

Brent Poirier

Zazaban

Postby Zazaban » Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:39 pm

Don't mock the afflicted. :-P
Justice and equity are twin Guardians that watch over men. From them are revealed such blessed and perspicuous words as are the cause of the well-being of the world and the protection of the nations.
~ Bahá'u'lláh

Zazaban

Postby Zazaban » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:04 pm

richard wrote:[i]

Well Zazaban,

Is it possible Brent was not mocking, but stating grievances over questionable, even inaccurate historyand unspiritual theological "thinking?"
You misunderstand, "Don't mock the afflicted" is a common saying, at least where I live. Doesn't always refer to "mocking" as such.
Justice and equity are twin Guardians that watch over men. From them are revealed such blessed and perspicuous words as are the cause of the well-being of the world and the protection of the nations.

~ Bahá'u'lláh

Dorumerosaer

Postby Dorumerosaer » Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:47 pm

My intent was to reach this gentleman, and appeal to his higher nature, and ask that he treat the Baha'i Faith with the same standard of fairmindedness he would wish that Christian or Jewish or other opponents of Islam, treat his beloved Faith.

There was no mockery in what I wrote, and I hope that others do not mock him.

Brent

Zazaban

Postby Zazaban » Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:02 pm

pilgrimbrent wrote:There was no mockery in what I wrote, and I hope that others do not mock him.

Brent

Oh dear, I didn't mean to start a debate, I didn't even necessarily mean "mock," it is a saying from a movie. It is similar to the saying "Better to be pitied than scorned."

~ Bahá'u'lláh

Zazaban

Postby Zazaban » Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:52 pm

ARRRGGGHHHH!!!!! I give up, you just can't get it....... I can't believe a debate started over something so trivial. I suppose if I told you I could be knocked out with a feather you'd debate that too. :-|

~ Bahá'u'lláh

British_Bahai

Postby British_Bahai » Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:31 pm

Zazaban wrote:ARRRGGGHHHH!!!!! I give up, you just can't get it....... I can't believe a debate started over something so trivial. I suppose if I told you I could be knocked out with a feather you'd debate that too. :-|
:stick2: Only one way to find out, Zazaban (j/k) ;) I feel your frustration! I hate pointless debates too.

:question: Brent: Whats the point of this thread?!
We all know that religions are targeted. Thats not something new. No point in getting frustrated. Do you expect that someone with the intention of portraying a religion in a bad light will include spiritual teachings on his little project of a website?! Of course not!

However, on the authors part, it all boils down to keeping a pure heart. If the author of the site genuinely believes that what he is doing is correct, then fair play. BUT - if he knows that what he is doing is wrong, then its a completely different story. (Be sure that God will deal with this person how He sees fit).

Baha'i Warrior

Postby Baha'i Warrior » Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:00 pm

The author of http://www.bahaiawareness.com, who has posted on this site, is no doubt hell-bent on discrediting the Baha'i Faith, and I'm sure if he's here he will admit to it. Hey, God gave us free will. We can spend our energies and resources attacking His Faith, or supporting it.

"They schemed and God schemed, and God is the best of schemers."

We Baha'is just have to make more websites, teach others, etc., and leave those who live to attack the Baha'i Faith to themselves -- that's all we can do.

British_Bahai

Postby British_Bahai » Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:55 pm

i think somebody needs to do his homework ...

On his website, the author wrote: The Bahais try to spread this lie that the Bahai faith is an offshoot of Islam. But this is not true. They succeed in misguiding the people to some extent because this religion (if it can be called so) originated in Iran - a country largely populated by the Shiah community

:nutty:

Zazaban

Postby Zazaban » Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:19 pm

british_bahai wrote:i think somebody needs to do his homework ...

On his website, the author wrote: The Bahais try to spread this lie that the Bahai faith is an offshoot of Islam. But this is not true. They succeed in misguiding the people to some extent because this religion (if it can be called so) originated in Iran - a country largely populated by the Shiah community

:nutty:
WHERE THE HECK DID THEY GET THAT ONE?????

:tropf:

~ Bahá'u'lláh

Return to “Discussion”