Search for location "Ankara"
See all locations, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
||A number of Bahá’ís, members of the local spiritual assembly, were arrested in Ankara, Turkey. [MC306]
The incident received wide coverage in the press and the Bahá’ís were eventually released from prison. [MC306]
A court case was subsequently brought against the Bahá’ís by the public prosecutor, who claimed that the Faith is a ‘Tarighat’, a sect forbidden by the law of the land, and lengthy litigation followed. [MC306–7]
||Persecution, Turkey; Persecution, Arrests; Persecution, Court cases; Persecution; LSA; Court cases
|1992 4 – 5 Apr
||The first Children's Festival and Family Conference of Turkey was held in Cankaya, Ankara. [BINS269:5–6]
||Cankaya; Ankara; Turkey
||Conferences, Bahai; Conferences, Children; Conferences, Other; First Conferences
- Locations are simplified spellings used to find documents on a similar topic but with various titles.
- Searches match parts of a location: searching for state will also show United States.
- 1- and 2-letter words will not be searched.
- Please contact us if you can help add locations.
- See also all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.