Search for location "Barcelona"
See all locations, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
|1988 24 – 25 Sep
||The first annual Bahá’í Studies Conference of Spain was held in Barcelona. [BINS192:5]
||Bahai Studies; Conferences, Bahai; Conferences, Other; First conferences
|1993 10 – 12 Apr
||The first Bahá'í Congress of Catalunya took place in Barcelona. [BW92–3:146]
||Barcelona; Catalunya; Spain
|1994 Jul 20 – 25
||The European Bahá'í Youth Council sponsored five regional ‘Shaping Europe' conferences, in Berlin, Bucharest, St Petersburg, Barcelona and Wolverhampton, United Kingdom. [BINS323:3–5; BW94–5:177–8, 189]
||Berlin; Germany; Bucharest; Romania; St Petersburg; Russia; Barcelona; Portugal; Wolverhampton; United Kingdom; Europe
||Conferences, Bahai; Conferences, Youth; Conferences, International; Youth
|2018 1 - 7 Nov
||More than 7,500 people attended the Parliament of the World’s Religions held at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre.
This forum began in 1893 at the World Columbian Exposition in Chicago as an effort to promote an emerging international movement devoted to promoting dialogue among religions. Since that time, it has been held in Cape Town (1999), Barcelona (2004), Melbourne (2009) and Salt Lake City (2015). [Website] Bahá'í presenters were:
- Bani Dugal: “The Equality of Women and Men: Divine Imperative for an Age of Transition.”
- Hugh Locke: “Half the Sky, Half the Land: The Role of Women Farmers in Transforming Agriculture,”
- Payam Akhavan: “Equality and Justice, Global Perspectives” and
“Countering War, Hate, and Violence Assembly.”
- Emily Wright: “Making Interreligious Chaplaincy Education Meaningfully Inclusive” and “A New Cup of Grace—A Ukulele Opera
- Hooshmand Badee: “Interfaith Peacemaking Perspectives from Across the World.”
- Nader Saiedi: Presenting the new documentary film The Gate: Dawn of the Bahá’í Faith.
- Paul Hanley: “Man of the Trees: Richard St. Barbe Baker, the First Global Environmentalist.”
- JoAnn Borovicka: “Amazing Faiths! An Interactive Workshop on Interfaith Dialogue.”
- Robert Atkinson: “New Thoughts in Interfaith Spirituality.”
- Robert Stockman: “The Characteristics of Bahá’í Interfaith Dialogue.” Candace Hill: “From Shiraz to Chicago: Bahá’í Women of the East and the West”
- Edward Price: “The Divine Curriculum: Understanding the Báb, Divine Educator for the Modern Era.”
- Sovaida Maani Ewing: “Achieving World Peace: Bahá’í and Catholic Teachings.”
- Jean Muza: “Bahá’í Civic Engagement: How to Maneuver in America’s Divisive Political Landscape.”
- Robert Atkinson: “The Golden Rule as the Basis for a Global Justice System: An Interfaith Perspective with a Call to Action.”
- Edward Price: “The Divine Curriculum Concept as a Framework for Interfaith Inclusion and Love.”
|Toronto; Canada; Chicago; Cape Town; Barcelona; Melbourne; Salt Lake City
||World Parliament of Religions; Z****
- Locations are simplified spellings used to find documents on a similar topic but with various titles.
- Searches match parts of a location: searching for state will also show United States.
- 1- and 2-letter words will not be searched.
- Please contact us if you can help add locations.
- See also all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.