Search for location "Birmingham"
See all locations, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
|1871 16 Oct
||The famous British writer and critic, Matthew Arnold, made a brief reference to the Faith in an address that he gave to the Birmingham and Midland Institute. (See M. Momen, Babi and Bahá'í Religions). This reference was probably because of Comte de Gobineau's book Les Religions et Les Philosophies dans l'Asie Centrale which was published in 1865.
[First Public Mentions of the Bahá'í Faith in the West by Bahá'í Information Office of the UK]
||Matthew Arnold; Comte de Gobineau
- Locations are simplified spellings used to find documents on a similar topic but with various titles.
- Searches match parts of a location: searching for state will also show United States.
- 1- and 2-letter words will not be searched.
- Please contact us if you can help add locations.
- See also all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.