Search for location "Cape Verde"
|1954 3 Jan
||Howard and Joanne Menking arrived in the Cape Verde Islands and were named Knights of Bahá’u’lláh. [BW13:450]
||Cape Verde Islands
||Knights of Bahaullah; Islands
|1956 (In the year)
||The first people to become Bahá’ís in Cape Verde enrolled.
||First Bahais by country or area; Islands
||The first local spiritual assembly in Cape Verde was formed in Praia.
||Praia; Cape Verde
||The existing National Spiritual Assembly of North West Africa that had been formed in 1956 was split into two regions, the "new" North West Africa region and the Spiritual Assembly of West Africa with its seat in Monrovia.
This latter assembly had jurisdiction over the following countries: Liberia, Sierra Leone, Guinea, Gambia, Senegal, Portuguese Guinea, Cape Verde Islands, Ivory Coast; Mali, and Upper Volta. [BW14p96]
|Monrovia; Liberia; Sierra Leone; Guinea; Gambia; Senegal; Portuguese Guinea; Cape Verde Islands; Ivory Coast; Mali; Upper Volta
||National Spiritual Assembly, formation
|1990 19 – 21 Oct
||The first summer school of Cape Verde was held in Tarrafal, attended by 30 people. [BINS247:8]
||Tarrafal; Cape Verde
||Summer schools; First summer and winter schools
from the main catalogue
See all locations, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
- Bahá'í Communities by Country: Research Notes, by Graham Hassall (2000). Brief notes on the history of Baha'i activities and the dates of NSA formation in Africa, China, Australia, and elsewhere. [about]
- Locations are simplified spellings used to find documents on a similar topic but with various titles.
- Searches match parts of a location: searching for state will also show United States.
- 1- and 2-letter words will not be searched.
- Please contact us if you can help add locations.
- See also all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.