Search for location "Chennai (Madras)"
See all locations, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
|1875 (In the year)
|| Bahá'u'lláh sent Sulaymán Khán Ilyás, Jamál Effendi, to India. [BW4:285; GPB195; MC155]
See EB120–1, 122–8 and MF134–8.
BBRSM90, 193 say he was sent in 1871 and left in 1878. BW18p246 says he arrived in 1872. EB122 says he reached Bombay in 1878 and stayed 11 years on the subcontinent.
His work helped establish Bahá'í communities in Bombay, Calcutta and Madras as well as in Burma. [BBRSM91; GPB225]
Among those he taught was Siyyid Mustafá Rúmí, who later found the Bahá'í community of Burma. [BW10:517]
||Mumbai (Bombay); Kolkata (Calcutta); Chennai (Madras); India; Myanmar (Burma)
||Sulayman Khan Ilyas; Jamal Effendi; Siyyid Mustafa Rumi
- Locations are simplified spellings used to find documents on a similar topic but with various titles.
- Searches match parts of a location: searching for state will also show United States.
- 1- and 2-letter words will not be searched.
- Please contact us if you can help add locations.
- See also all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.