Search for location "Ethiopia"
|1933 25 Nov
||The first Spiritual Assembly of Addis Ababa was formed. [BW6:70]
The community was established by Sabri Elias, a pioneer from Egypt who thus earned the title Knight of Bahá'u'lláh. [BW6:70]
Ethiopia was the only independent Kingdom in Africa at this date. [BW6:70]
Wikipedia says that the Assembly was formed in "late 1934".
||Addis Ababa; Ethiopia
||LSA; Sabri Elias; Knights of Bahaullah
|1968 (In the year)
||Over a thousand new believers enrolled in Ethiopia. [BW15:186]
||The National Spiritual Assembly of Ethiopia was formed. [BW16:144]
from the main catalogue
See all locations, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
- Bahá'í Communities by Country: Research Notes, by Graham Hassall (2000). Brief notes on the history of Baha'i activities and the dates of NSA formation in Africa, China, Australia, and elsewhere. [about]
- Locations are simplified spellings used to find documents on a similar topic but with various titles.
- Searches match parts of a location: searching for state will also show United States.
- 1- and 2-letter words will not be searched.
- Please contact us if you can help add locations.
- See also all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.