Search for location "Gibraltar"
|1912 25 Mar-17 Jun 1913
||`Abdu'l-Bahá's second Western tour
'Abdul'-Bahá and His party embarked from Alexandria on the White Star Line Liner RMS Cedric for New York via Naples. They departed Naples on the 30th of March and made a call at Gibraltar. Three of His party were forced to leave the ship for supposed "medical' reasons. Among them was His grandson, Shoghi Effendi. [AB171; GPB281; ABF274; ABTM50-52]
|Alexandria; Egypt; Naples; Italy; Gibraltar; New York; United States
||Abdul-Baha, Travels of; Abdul-Baha in Egypt; Abdul-Baha, Second Western tour; Abdul-Baha, Life of; Abdul-Baha, Basic timeline; - Basic timeline, Condensed; - Basic timeline, Expanded
|1930 (In the year)
||Leonora Holsapple Armstrong visited Gibraltar, the first Bahá’í to do so.
||Leonora Holsapple Armstrong
||Shakontala (‘Shaku’) Aswani, the first Gibraltarian to become a Bahá’í, enrolled in Northern Ireland, shortly afterwards returning to Gibraltar.
||Northern Ireland; Gibraltar
||First Bahais by country or area
from the main catalogue
See all locations, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
- Impressions from the Rock of Gibraltar: The Journal of a Travelling Teacher, by Jack McLean (2010). Book-length compilation of essays and poetry, written while travel-teaching in Spain and Morocco, August - December 2009. [about]
- Locations are simplified spellings used to find documents on a similar topic but with various titles.
- Searches match parts of a location: searching for state will also show United States.
- 1- and 2-letter words will not be searched.
- Please contact us if you can help add locations.
- See also all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.