Search for location "Kent"
See all locations, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
|1876. 14 Feb
||Birth of Keith Ransom-Kehler, Hand of the Cause and the first American Bahá'í martyr, in Kentucky.
||Kentucky; United States
||Keith Ransom-Kehler; Hands of the Cause; Hands of the Cause, Births and deaths; Births and deaths; Firsts, Other
|1991 12 Apr
||The Local Spiritual Assembly of Tashkent, Uzbekistan, was re-formed.
||The National Spiritual Assembly of Uzbekistan was formed with its seat in Tashkent. [BINS317:3–4; BW93–4:82; BW94–5:26, 29–30]
For picture see BINS328:9 and BW94–5:30.
|2001 16 Dec
||The passing of Knight of Bahá'u'lláh Philip Hainsworth (b. 27 July 1919) at the age of 82 in Sevenoaks, Kent, England. Shoghi Effendi had described him as "the spiritual Stanley of Africa". [BW01-02p304-305]
He was a member of the National Assembly of Central and East Africa from 1956 to 1966 and served on the National Spiritual Assembly of the British Isles for a total of 32 years.
Looking Back in Wonder is the autobiography of Mr Hainsworth and his wife Lois.
His other publications were:
- Bahá'í Focus on Human Rights
- The Bahá'í Faith by Mary Perkins and Philip Hainsworth
- Bahá'í Focus on Peace
- Historical Dictionary of the Bahá'í Faith by Hugh C. Adamson and Philip Hainsworth
|Sevenoaks; Kent; United Kingdom; Africa
||Philip Hainsworth; In Memoriam; Births and deaths; Names and titles
- Locations are simplified spellings used to find documents on a similar topic but with various titles.
- Searches match parts of a location: searching for state will also show United States.
- 1- and 2-letter words will not be searched.
- Please contact us if you can help add locations.
- See also all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.