Search for location "Larnaca"
See all locations, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
|1946. (In the year 1946 or 1947)
||While visiting in Famagusta (Gazimağusa) Rúḥíyyih Khánum is quoted as saying: “Shoghi
Effendi was working very intensely in Haifa and people were knocking on his door all the time to
ask questions; because of that, during his unofficial travels to rest (holidays), he was traveling
around quietly (incognito), and without contacting the believers. We came to Cyprus together
for two or three weeks in one of the years 1946 or 1947 – if I look (in my diary) I can find the
year. We went to Nicosia, and then we got a car and went to Famagusta, Larnaca and then
again Nicosia. I can’t remember whether we went to Limassol. Afterwards we went to St.
Hilarion. There weren’t good hotels in the Troodos area then, and because of that we stayed in
a small house for a while. This is all I can say about this visit.” [Notes of the Visit to Famagusta of
Amatu'l-Bahá Rúḥíyyih Khánum in the home of Erol & Şafak Olkar Notes taken by: Erol Olkar The English translation of the original Turkish language handwritten manuscript of Erol Olkar was by Deniz Oraç.]
||Famagusta; Gazimağusa; Nicosia; Larnaca; St Hilarion; Cyprus
||Shoghi Effendi, travels of; Ruḥiyyih Khanum; travels of
- Locations are simplified spellings used to find documents on a similar topic but with various titles.
- Searches match parts of a location: searching for state will also show United States.
- 1- and 2-letter words will not be searched.
- Please contact us if you can help add locations.
- See also all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.