Search for location "Mexico City"
See all locations, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
||The first local spiritual assembly in the whole of Latin America was formed in Mexico City.
|1975 19 Jun - 2 Jul
||Two* Bahá’í women represented the Bahá’í International Community at the first World Conference on Women in Mexico City; nine Bahá’ís represented the Bahá’í International Community at the parallel NGO Tribune. Those attending were: Dorothy Nelson*; Jane Faily, Sheil Banání, Edris Rice-Wray, Carmen Burafato, Catherine Mboya, Shirin Fozdar*, Jyoti Munsiff, Elsie Austin and Shomais Afnán.
The purpose of the Conference was to give shape to a Ten-Year Plan of Action to promote equality between men and women in member nations by stressing better education and increased participation of women in decision-making in order to bring the neglected resources of women into the struggle for development and peace. [CBN No 297 Aug/Sep 1975 p16]
||Mexico City; Mexico
||BIC, Conference; Women's Conference; Dorothy Nelson; Jane Faily; Sheil Banani; Edris Rice-Wray; Carmen Burafato; Catherine Mboya; Shirin Fozdar; Jyoti Munsiff; Elsie Austin; Shomais Afnan.
- Locations are simplified spellings used to find documents on a similar topic but with various titles.
- Searches match parts of a location: searching for state will also show United States.
- 1- and 2-letter words will not be searched.
- Please contact us if you can help add locations.
- See also all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.