Search for location "The Netherlands"
See all locations, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
|1998. 17 Jul
||The International Criminal Court was established by the Rome Statue on this date and put into force by the United Nations on 1 July, 2002.
The Rome Statute established four core international crimes: genocide, crimes against humanity, war crimes, and the crime of aggression. Those crimes "shall not be subject to any statute of limitations" (Article 29).
The ICC sits in the Netherlands at The Hague.
120 countries have signed on to the treaty. some countries that are not members are: USA, Russia, India, Israel, and China. [Encyclopaedia Britannica]
||Rome; Italy; The Hague; The Netherlands
||International Criminal Court
- Locations are simplified spellings used to find documents on a similar topic but with various titles.
- Searches match parts of a location: searching for state will also show United States.
- 1- and 2-letter words will not be searched.
- Please contact us if you can help add locations.
- See also all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.