Search for location "Wilmington"
|1896. 15 Feb
||Birth of Leroy C. Ioas, Hand of the Cause of God, in Wilmington, Illinois. His parents, Charles and Maria had become Bahá'ís in 1898 in Chicago. [Wikipedia]
||Leroy Ioas; Hands of the Cause; Hands of the Cause, Births and deaths; Births and deaths
|1965 22 Jul
||Leroy Ioas, Hand of the Cause of God, passed away in Haifa. (b.15 February, 1896 in Wilmington, IL). He was known as "the Guardian's Hercules" and was praised by Shoghi Effendi for his "tireless vigilance, self-sacrifice, and devotion to the Cause in all its multiple fields of activity, in 'prodigious labours' and his 'stupendous efforts'. [BW14:291-300, VV7]
For his obituary see BW14:291–300.
Shoghi Effendi had appointed him among the first contingent on the 24th of December, 1951. [MoCxxiii]
For cable of the Universal House of Justice see WG157.
For a short biography see LoF265-275.
See Leroy Ioas: Hand of the Cause of God by Anita Ioas Chapman, published by George Ronald, 1998
Shoghi Effendi named the inner front door of the Shrine of the Báb "Báb-i-Ioas".
||Leroy Ioas; Hands of the Cause; Hands of the Cause, Births and deaths; In Memoriam; Hands of the Cause, First Contingent; Anita Ioas Chapman
from the main catalogue
See all locations, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
- History of the Baha'i Faith in North Carolina, 1845-1970: Presentations from the First Summer Seminar (2018). Presentations at the first Summer Seminar on the history of the Bahá'í Faith in North Carolina, organized by Steven Kolins, sponsored by the Spiritual Assembly of the Baháʼís of Orange County NC, Aug 3-5 2018, at the Efland Bahá'í Center. [about]
- Locations are simplified spellings used to find documents on a similar topic but with various titles.
- Searches match parts of a location: searching for state will also show United States.
- 1- and 2-letter words will not be searched.
- Please contact us if you can help add locations.
- See also all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.