Search for tag "Alessandro Bausani"
|1921 29 May
||Alessandro Bausani, the Italian Bahá'í who was an Islamic scholar, linguist and historian of comparative religions, was born in Rome.
|1988 11 Mar
||The passing of Italian orientalist, scholar and linguist Alessandro Bausani. As an orientalist he made contributions in several fields: Persian Literature, Islam, linguistics, the history of Islamic science, Urdu, Indonesian, and other Islamic literatures. He was a polyglot having studied all the main European languages plus Basque, Arabic, Turkish, Persian as well as Latin and Greek.
He accepted the Faith in 1949 and served as a member of the local and national assemblies in Italy. He was a speaker much in demand at all sorts of Bahá'í gatherings in Italy and beyond. A number of his written contributions about the Bahá'í teachings were published posthumously in a volume called, Saggi sulla Fede Bahá'í ("Essays on the Bahá'í Faith", Rome, 1991). [Obituary: Alessandro Bausani (1921-1988) by Heshmat Moayyad; Encyclopædia Iranica: BAUSANI, ALESSANDRO]
Alessandro Bausani was a prolific writer. A small sampling of his publications include:
||Alessandro Bausani; In Memoriam; Births and deaths
from the main catalogue
See all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
- Bausani, Alessandro, by Biancamaria Scarcia Amoretti, in Encyclopaedia Iranica (2008). Brief excerpt, with link to article offsite. [about]
- Die Perser: von den Anfängen bis zur Gegenwart, by Alessandro Bausani (1965). Brief overview of the early years of the Baha'i Faith. [about]
- Historia de la Religión desde la Perspectiva Bahá'í, by Alessandro Bausani (2003). [about]
- Islam in the History of Religions, by Alessandro Bausani, in Problems and Methods in the History of Religions (1972). Methodological reflection on the question: how much does the study of so-called "superior" religions fit into the history of religions as a unitary discipline? [about]
- Obituary: Alessandro Bausani (1921-1988), by Heshmat Moayyad, in Bahá'í Studies Review, 10 (2001). [about]