Search for tag "Ark (metaphor)"
from the main catalogue
See all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
- Bahá'í Cosmological Symbolism and the Ecofeminist Critique, by Michael W. Sours, in Journal of Bahá'í Studies, 7:1 (1995). Constituents of Bahá'í cosmological symbolism; introduction to the main feminist/environmentalist arguments; eschatological character of Bahá'í cosmological symbolism; Bahá'í eschatology provides answers to many feminist and ecological objections. [about]
- "Book of Names" Mentioned in the Tablet of Carmel, The, by Bahá'u'lláh and Shoghi Effendi (2003-03-23). Letter from the House and a compilation explaining "People of Bahá" and the line in the Lawh-i-Karmil "Ere long will God sail His Ark upon thee, and will manifest the people of Bahá who have been mentioned in the Book of Names." [about]
- Commentary on a Passage in the Epistle to the Son of the Wolf, by Moojan Momen, in Lights of Irfan, 14 (2013). Short biography of the Son of the Wolf, Aqa Najafi; summary of persecutions from 1874-1903; and the Epistle's references to Qayyumu’l-Asma and the Muslim dawn prayer for Ramadan. [about]
- Course on Bahá'í Symbolism, by Ernesto Fernandez (2013-07). Symbolic forms in the Writings and Bahá'í architectural systems, and their analogues in universal religious symbolism. Includes Spanish translation, "Curso de simbología bahá ́í." [about]
- Lists of Articles, by Brent Poirier (2009-2019). Lists of 126 articles at the author's six blog websites. [about]
- Major Opus, The: A Study of the German Templers Movement and Its Relationship with the Bahá'í Faith, by Fuad Izadinia (2014). The story of the journey of two parallel movements to the Holy Land in 1868: the Bahá'ís from Iran and the Templars from Germany. Includes early descriptions of Haifa from both sources, comparative translations of the Tablet to G. Hardegg, and more. [about]
- Paradise and Paradigm: Key Symbols in Persian Christianity and the Bahá'í Faith, by Christopher Buck (1999). Study of Bahá'í and Christian symbology, the "first academic monograph comparing Christianity and the Bahá'í Faith." [about]
See all locations, sorted numerically or alphabetically.