Search for tag "Auguste Forel"
|1848. 1 Sep
||Birth of Auguste Forel, renowned entomologist and Bahá'í, in Switzerland.
||Auguste Forel; Births and deaths
|1922. 27 Feb
||Shoghi Effendi wrote to Professor Auguste Forel, advising him of 'Abdu'l-Bahá's passing and enclosing an English translation of 'Abdu'l-Bahá's letter to Dr Forel written in 1921. [The Life and Times of August Forel by Sheila Banani. [BW15p 37–43.]
|1931 27 Jul
||Swiss Bahá’í Auguste Forel, world-renowned psychiatrist, entomologist, anatomist, social reformer and peace worker, passed away. [FGM2]
"The famous scientist and entomologist, Dr. Auguste Forel, was converted to the Faith through the influence of a Tablet sent him by 'Abdu'l-Bahá-one of the mostweighty the Master ever wrote." [GPB307-308, 375]
For the The Bahá’í World,
Vol. XV, pp. 37–43.
See The Life and Times of August Forel by Sheila Banani published in Lights of Irfan, Volume 6, pages 1-20
Wilmette, IL: Irfan Colloquia, 2005
See as well Auguste Forel; His Life and Enlightenment by A. M. Ghadirian, M.D.
||Auguste Forel; In Memoriam
from the main catalogue
See all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
- August Forel Defends the Persecuted Persian Bahá'ís: 1925-1927, by John Paul Vader, in Bahá'í World, Vol. 18 (1979-1983) (1986). History of Forel's involvement with the Faith. Includes correspondence from Shoghi Effendi. [about]
- Auguste Forel: His Life and Enlightment, by Abdu'l-Missagh Ghadirian, in Bahá'í Studies, 1 (1976). Overview of Forel's life and his connections with the Baha'i Faith. [about]
- Bahá'í World, The: Volume 18 (1979-1983), in Bahá'í World (1986). [about]
- Life and Times of August Forel, The, by Sheila Banani, in Lights of Irfan, Volume 6 (2005). [about]
- Tablet to Auguste Forel, by Abdu'l-Bahá, in Bahá'í World, Vol. 15 (1968-1973) (1976). [about]