Search for tag "Auguste Forel"
|1848. 1 Sep
||Birth of Auguste Forel, renowned entomologist and Bahá'í, in Switzerland.
||Auguste Forel; Births and deaths
|1922. 27 Feb
||Shoghi Effendi wrote to Professor Auguste Forel, advising him of 'Abdu'l-Bahá's passing and enclosing an English translation of 'Abdu'l-Bahá's letter to Dr Forel written on the 21st of September, 1921. [The Life and Times of August Forel by Sheila Banani. [BW15p 37–43.]
|1931 27 Jul
||Swiss Bahá’í Auguste Forel, (b. 1 September, 1848 Morges, Switzerland, d. 27 July, 1931 Yvorne Switzerland) world-renowned psychiatrist, entomologist, anatomist, social reformer and peace worker, passed away. [FGM2]
For the Good of Mankind: August Forel and the Bahá’í Faith by John Paul Vader, (published by George Ronald, Oxford, 1984) was originally written as a doctoral dissertation in the field of the history of medicine at the University of Lausanne on the occasion of the fiftieth anniversary of Dr Forel's passing. The book documents Dr Forel's activities as a Bahá'í.
"The famous scientist and entomologist, Dr. Auguste Forel, was converted to the Faith through the influence of a Tablet sent him by 'Abdu'l-Bahá, one of the most weighty the Master ever wrote." [GPB307-308, 316, 375; AB448-449]
The Tablet from 'Abdu'l-Bahá to Dr Forel can also be found in The Bahá’í World Vol. XV, pp. 37–43.
See The Life and Times of August Forel by Sheila Banani published in Lights of Irfan, Volume 6, pages 1-20 Wilmette, IL: Irfan Colloquia, 2005
See as well Auguste Forel; His Life and Enlightenment by A. M. Ghadirian, M.D.
August Forel Defends the Persecuted Persian Bahá'ís: 1925-1927 by John Paul Vader published in Bahá'í World, Vol. 18 (1979-1983), pages 970-974 1986 (the pdf)
See Shoghi Effendi's mention of Dr Forel in Lights of Divine Guidance Vol 2 page 5, and his letter to his daughter, Mrs. Marta Brauns-Forel, regarding his status as a believer on pages 18-19.
See Auguste Forel and the Bahá'í Faith published by George Ronald in 1978. It was translated from Brief An Forel originally published by Bahá'í Verlag GmbH. It contains Forel's letter to 'Abdu'l-Bahá, His reply, and a commentary by Peter Mühlschlegel.
His autobiography, Rückblick auf mein Leben (1935) has been translated as Out of My Life and Work by Bernard Miall and published by Allen & Unwin Ltd in 1937.
See the article The World Vision of a Savant by Dr Auguste H Forel. [BW3p284—287]
See Wikipedia article.
Find a grave.
||Auguste Forel; In Memoriam
from the main catalogue
See all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
- August Forel Defends the Persecuted Persian Bahá'ís: 1925-1927, by John Paul Vader, in Bahá'í World, Vol. 18 (1979-1983) (1986). History of Forel's involvement with the Faith. Includes correspondence from Shoghi Effendi. [about]
- Auguste Forel: His Life and Enlightment, by Abdu'l-Missagh Ghadirian, in Bahá'í Studies, 1 (1976). Overview of Forel's life and his connections with the Baha'i Faith. [about]
- Bahá'í World, The: Volume 18 (1979-1983), in Bahá'í World (1986). [about]
- Life and Times of August Forel, The, by Sheila Banani, in Lights of Irfan, Volume 6 (2005). [about]
- Tablet to Auguste Forel, by Abdu'l-Bahá, in Bahá'í World, Vol. 15 (1968-1973) (1976). [about]