Search for tag "Burial (general)"
from the main catalogue
See all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
- Baha'i Burial and Related Laws, by Bahá'u'lláh and Shoghi Effendi (2020). Applicability of laws; preparations for burial; prayers and services; cemeteries, graves, and tombstones; exhumation; honoring the dead; cremation and miscellaneous issues. [about]
- Burial: in Bahá'í Communities, by Vahid Rafati, in Encyclopaedia Iranica, Volume 4 (1990). Brief excerpt, with link to article offsite. [about]
- Burial, Baha'i, by Bahá'u'lláh and Shoghi Effendi, in Compilation of Compilations, Volume I (1991). Extracts from writings on Bahá'í burials, cemeteries, and funerals, specifying the type of ring, shroud, coffin, and prayer plus the position of a body in a grave. [about]
- Carta Sobre La Oracion para el Entierro Baha'i: Departamento de la Secretaria 1 de julio de 2001, by Universal House of Justice (2001). [about]
- Exalted Letters (Hurúfát-i-'Álín), The: Overview, by John Walbridge, in Sacred Acts, Sacred Space, Sacred Time: Bahá'í Studies volume 1 (1996). [about]
- Funerals and Burials, Preparations for: Some practical notes (1998). A compilation of Bahá'í directions for funerals and burials (i.e., this is not a compilation of direct quotations from the Writings). [about]
- Prayer for the Dead, Recitiation of, by Universal House of Justice (1999). Instructions on the correct way to recite this prayer. [about]
- Special Report on Baha'i Burial vs. Maori Custom, by National Spiritual Assembly of New Zealand (1989). Special report about reconciling Bahá'í burial laws with local maori customs where they conflict; includes guidance from the Universal House of Justice. [about]
- Suffering of the Exalted Letters, by Bahá'u'lláh (2017). Tablet written in Baghdad about death and the development of the human soul. [about]
- Summon Up Remembrance, by Marzieh Gail (1987). Memoir left by Ali-Kuli Khan, one of the first translators of Bahá'í Writings; writings of his wife Florence; other family papers and memories. [about]
- Wisdom of Burying the Dead in the Earth: Tablet of Cremation, by Abdu'l-Bahá (1902). Tablet to Laura Clifford Barney regarding the wisdom of burying the dead in the Earth, aka Tablet of Cremation, in two translations: one by Marzieh Gail, one by ‘Alí Kulí Khán. [about]
See all locations, sorted numerically or alphabetically.