Search for tag "Burial (general)"
from the main catalogue
See all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
- Additional Tablets, Extracts and Talks, by Abdu'l-Bahá (2018/2023). 167 selections, updated August 2023. [about]
- Baha'i Burial and Related Laws, by Bahá'u'lláh and Shoghi Effendi (2020). Applicability of laws; preparations for burial; prayers and services; cemeteries, graves, and tombstones; exhumation; honoring the dead; cremation and miscellaneous issues. [about]
- Burial: in Bahá'í Communities, by Vahid Rafati, in Encyclopaedia Iranica, Volume 4 (1990). Brief excerpt, with link to article offsite. [about]
- Burial, Baha'i, by Bahá'u'lláh and Shoghi Effendi, in Compilation of Compilations, Volume I (1991). Extracts from writings on Bahá'í burials, cemeteries, and funerals, specifying the type of ring, shroud, coffin, and prayer plus the position of a body in a grave. [about]
- Carta Sobre La Oracion para el Entierro Baha'i: Departamento de la Secretaria 1 de julio de 2001, by Universal House of Justice (2001-07-01). [about]
- Covid-19 and Baha'i Burial, by Universal House of Justice (2020-04-08). As Bahá'í laws emphasize hygiene and protection, Bahá'ís may refrain from certain funeral and burial observances for those who have died from the coronavirus disease, in order to avoid exposure, and are encouraged to follow advice from health authorities. [about]
- Exalted Letters (Hurúfát-i-'Álín), The: Overview, by John Walbridge, in Sacred Acts, Sacred Space, Sacred Time: Bahá'í Studies volume 1 (1996). [about]
- Funerals and Burials, Preparations for: Some practical notes (1998). A compilation of Bahá'í directions for funerals and burials (i.e., this is not a compilation of direct quotations from the Writings). [about]
- Notes on Words of the Guardian, by Virginia Orbison (1956). Ten pages of notes, preserved as an appendix to Orbison's lengthy manuscript "Diary of a Pilgrimage to the Holy Land, Made by Virginia Orbison, January 15 to February 11". [about]
- Prayer for the Dead, Recitiation of, by Universal House of Justice (1999-02-09). Instructions on the correct way to recite this prayer. [about]
- Special Report on Baha'i Burial vs. Maori Custom, by National Spiritual Assembly of New Zealand (1989-10-06). Special report about reconciling Bahá'í burial laws with local maori customs where they conflict; includes guidance from the Universal House of Justice. [about]
- Suffering of the Exalted Letters, by Bahá'u'lláh (2017). Tablet written in Baghdad about death and the development of the human soul. [about]
- Summon Up Remembrance, by Marzieh Gail (1987). Memoir left by Ali-Kuli Khan, one of the first translators of Bahá'í Writings; writings of his wife Florence; other family papers and memories. [about]
- Wisdom of Burying the Dead in the Earth: Tablet of Cremation, by Abdu'l-Bahá (1902/1987). Tablet to Laura Clifford Barney regarding the wisdom of burying the dead in the Earth, also known as Tablet of Cremation, in two translations: one by Marzieh Gail, one by ‘Alí Kulí Khán. [about]
See all locations, sorted numerically or alphabetically.