Search for tag "Calendars (general)"
from the main catalogue
See all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
- Badí' (Bahá'í) Calendar: An Introduction, The, by Moojan Momen (2014). Summary of the nature of Baha'i calendar, the way the Badí' calendar works, and the reason for the 2014 revisions inaugurated by the Universal House of Justice. [about]
- Bahá'í holy days and commonalities among different religious traditions, by Robert Stockman (2005). Audio presentation with background music, prepared for an audio series from the US Baha'i National Center website. [about]
- Bahá'í Calendar, Festivals, and Dates of Historic Significance, in Bahá'í World, Vol. 18 (1979-1983) (1986). Feasts, anniversaries, days of fasting, holy days, Nabil's narrative on the Badi' Calendar, and brief chronology of important dates in Baha'i history. [about]
- Calendar, Bahá'í, and Rhythms of Worship, by Christopher Buck and J. Gordon Melton, in Religious Celebrations: An Encyclopedia of Holidays, Festivals, Solemn Observances, and Spiritual Commemorations (2011). [about]
- Foreword: Time and the Badí` Calendar, by Udo Schaefer, in Time and the Bahá'í Era: A Study of the Badí' Calendar, ed. Gerald Keil (2008). [about]
- Half Million Years, A, by Dana Paxson (2021). Exploring the 500,000-year Bahá’í cycle asserted by Shoghi Effendi, in two versions: academic-style essay form, and story-narrative form. [about]
- Regarding the Implementation of the Badi` Calendar, by Universal House of Justice (2014). Message to the Bahá’ís of the world on the updated calendar of Baha'i holy days. Includes a table of Bahá’í Dates 172 to 221 B.E., and a letter to an individual explaining the date of the astronomical new moon in Islamic and Baha'i calendars. [about]