Search for tag "Century of Light (book)"
from the main catalogue
See all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
- Apocalyptic Thinking and Process Thinking: A Bahá'í Contribution to Religious Thought, by Moojan Momen, in Lights of Irfan, 13 (2012). The process of change in religious thinking and how it manifests in expectations about the Lesser Peace, both from Bahá'í texts and within the community. Includes discussions of "the calamity," and of non-Bahá'í political evolution in the 20th century. [about]
- Century of Light, by Universal House of Justice (2001). Survey of the history and dramatic changes of the 20th Century and the Bahá'í Faith's emergence from obscurity, "demonstrating on a global scale the unifying power with which its Divine origin has endowed it." [about]
- Century of Light: Questions and References, by Sheila Banani (2001). [about]
- Century of Light: Outline, by Arjen Bolhuis (2002). [about]
- Century of Light, by the Universal House of Justice: Review, by John Taylor (2002). [about]
- Century of Light: New Trends in Understanding, by Earl Redman, in Solas, 3 (2003). "Century of Light" turns conventional wisdom on its head in expressing Bahá'u'lláh's statement about the world’s equilibrium being upset by his new World Order, examines the 20th century in a holistic sense, and gives a new perspective on history. [about]
- Enrollments and limited growth of the Bahá'í community, by Universal House of Justice (2002). The lack of significant numerical growth in certain Western Bahá'í communities is related to the preceding decades of struggle, achievement and disappointment. [about]
- Falta de crecimiento y el cambio de cultura, La, by Universal House of Justice (2002). [about]
- Fifty Bahá'í Principles of Unity: A Paradigm of Social Salvation, by Christopher Buck, in Bahá'í Studies Review, 18 (2014). World religions are systems of salvation, liberation, or harmony, in direct response to the perceived human predicament. To Baha’is, this predicament is profound estrangement and the solution is world unity, from family to international relations. [about]
- God Passes By, by Shoghi Effendi (1971). The classic — and canonical — historical summary and interpretation of the significance of the development of the Bábí and Baháʼí religions from 1844 to 1944. [about]
- Le siecle de lumiere, by Universal House of Justice (2020). Enquête sur l'histoire et les changements dramatiques du 20e siècle et l'émergence de la foi baha'ie de l'obscurité. Traduction de Century of Light. [about]
- Legacies and Prospects: Baha'i Community Building Yesterday and Tomorrow, by Ismael Velasco (2002). On the rise and evolution of a world Bahá'í community in the 20th century, and new paradigms for community building. [about]
- Notes on the Twentieth Century, by Douglas Martin (2001). Multiple transcriptions of talks given in Atlanta, New York, and Massachusetts in September and October, 2001, largely based on the document Century of Light. [about]
- One Common Faith, by Universal House of Justice (2005). Review of relevant passages from both the writings of Bahá'u'lláh and the scriptures of other faiths against the background of contemporary crises. [about]
- Permanence of Change, The: Contemporary Sociological and Bahá'í Perspectives, by Hoda Mahmoudi, in Journal of Bahá'í Studies, 18:1-4 (2008). Sociohistorical changes of the Axial Age and the Renaissance, sociological views on modernity and its contemporary challenges, and key features of modernity as identified in the Bahá’í writings as "the universal awakening of historical consciousness." [about]
- Protecting the Human Family: Humanitarian Intervention, International Law, and Bahá'í Principles, by Brian D. Lepard, in Journal of Bahá'í Studies, 13:1-4 (2003). The moral and legal problems raised by the use of military force to aid human rights victims. Relevant Bahá’í ethical principles and how these might assist us to reform existing international law to better protect all members of the human family. [about]
- Remembering 'Abdu'l-Baha's Call for Unity, a Century after World War I, by Bahá'í World News Service (2018). Collection of newspaper articles and photographs of Abdu'l-Bahá, on the general theme of unity in the face of war. [about]
- Selected Passages from Century of Light (2002). Compilation of selected highlights that summarize the main themes of the book. This is a personal interpretation of Century of Light. Chapter headings have been added for ease of reference, and are not part of the authorized edition.
- Siglo de la Luz, by Universal House of Justice (2001). Spanish translation of Century of Light. [about]
See all locations, sorted numerically or alphabetically.