Search for tag "Community building"
from the main catalogue
See all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
- Achieving Universal Participation of Older Adults: An Exploration of Its Challenges and Spiritual Foundations, by Catherine Bigonnesse and Jean Marc Bigonnesse, in Journal of Bahá'í Studies, 25:4 (2015). On involving older adults in the process of participation in society; some of the root causes of ageism, such as avoiding the topic of death and a materialistic view of the soul; the role of older adults in the process of community building. [about]
- Baha'i Faith: The Basics by Christopher Buck: Review, by Jack McLean (2020). [about]
- Community and Collective Action, by Gustavo Correa, in Bahá'í World (2015). On the hopeful efforts of groups of people around the world to build a new kind of community based on the oneness of humankind, and the vision and process guiding these efforts. [about]
- Compilation "L'état actuel de désordre et de confusion du monde," Centre International d'Enseignement, by Bahá'u'lláh and Abdu'l-Bahá (2020). Compilation du Centre International d'Enseignement. [about]
- Legacies and Prospects: Baha'i Community Building Yesterday and Tomorrow, by Ismael Velasco (2002). On the rise and evolution of a world Bahá'í community in the 20th century, and new paradigms for community building. [about]
- Legacy of `Abdu'l-Bahá's Visit to America, 1912, The, by Robert Stockman (2012). Overview of Abdu’l-Bahá’s trip to the U.S. and Canada, its impact, his social action and public discourse, and comparison with similar "travel-teaching" trips by Protap Chunder Mozoomdar and Swami Vivekanada (Hindus) and Anagarika Dharmapala (a Buddhist). [about]
- On the Betterment of the World and the Countering of Negative and Disunifying Forces, by Universal House of Justice (2020). On how individuals can contribute to the betterment of society in view of the present state of the world. [about]
- Shoghi Effendi: Guide for a New Millennium, by Glenford Mitchell, in Bahá'í World, vol. 25 (1997). The Baha'i community is a global laboratory in which a transformation in individual and collective behaviour is progressing, leading to a new sense of community and the glimmerings of a new world order. [about]
- Social Affinity Flow Theory: A New Understanding of Both Human Interaction and the Power of the Baha'i Training Institute Process, by Christopher G. Gourdine and Justin R. Edgren, in Journal of Bahá'í Studies, 29:4 (2019). On a new explanation of social rifts prevalent in many societies today as well as constructive efforts of social change, including community-building work of the Bahá'í Faith, in both its teachings and its training institute process. [about]
- World's Current State of Disorder and Confusion, The, by Bahá'u'lláh and Abdu'l-Bahá (2020). Compilation of passages relevant to contemporary issues of 2020, and the appropriate disposition of the Baha'is. [about]