Search for tag "Contradictions"
from the main catalogue
See all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
- A Tablet from 'Abduʼl-Bahá regarding the Twelfth Imám, by Abdu'l-Bahá (2016). On apparently-conflicting hadiths (sayings ascribed to the prophet Muhammad) regarding the Hidden Imam and the Qa'im. [about]
- Apparent Contradictions in the Bahá'í Writings, Reconciliation of, by Universal House of Justice (2002-05-28). On apparent contradictions, regarding Mírzá Abu'l-Fadl on Abraham and Zoroaster; 'Abdu'l-Bahá and a Baby Naming Ceremony; Minimum Age of Marriage; Smoking and Firmness in the Covenant; Corporal Punishment; Táhirih as "Woman Suffragette." [about]
- Apparent Contradictory Dates in Bahá'í Texts Regarding the Public Announcement of the Prophet Muhammad, by Rauf Murtuzov (2023). Short discussion of quotes showing an apparent discrepancy between writings of the Báb and Abdu'l-Bahá on the date of the proclamation of Muhammad. [about]
- Aspects of the Bahá'í Teachings, Conditions for Membership, and Voting Rights: Seven various questions, by Universal House of Justice (1991-12-30). On Bahá'í status and community membership, spiritual primacy, Most Great Spirit, studying the Covenant, revelation of the Bab, civil elections, and definition of a pioneer. Includes short compilation "Conditions for Membership in the Bahá'í Community." [about]
- Guardianship, The Universal House of Justice, and Infallibility, by Universal House of Justice, in Lights of Irfan, Volume 10 (2009). The House is infallible even without the Guardian, because that the Guardian's chief function was interpretation and not legislation. [about]
- Inheritance, by Seena Fazel, in Bahá'í Studies Review, 4:1 (1994). The apparent contradiction between sexual equality and the unequal inheritance laws contained in the Aqdas. [about]
- Interpretive Principles in the Bahá'í Writings, Some, by Khazeh Fananapazir and Seena Fazel, in Bahá'í Studies Review, 2:1 (1992). Aspects of hermeneutics and authorized interpretation. [about]
- John the Baptist and Interpretation, by Research Department of the Universal House of Justice (1989-08-25). Various questions about the the Bahá’í position on John the Baptist, his station and teaching, and the function of interpretation. [about]
- Legacy of Verse 42 of the Kitáb-i-Aqdas, The, by Gerald C. Keil (2021). Explores the circumstances under which a reading of Verse 42 which indicates that the line of Aghsan might end prior to the establishment of the Universal House of Justice came to predominate. Includes a memorandum from the Research Department. [about]
- Letters Written on Behalf of the Guardian, by Universal House of Justice, in Lights of Irfan, Volume 8 (2007). Three questions: Letters Written on Behalf of Shoghi Effendi; Status of Research Department Memoranda; Bahá'í Writings Based in Fact? [about]
- Lights of Guidance: A Bahá'í Reference File, by Bahá'u'lláh and Abdu'l-Bahá (1988). The classic Bahá'í reference book. This is its first online edition. [about]
- Monogamy, Sexual Equality, Marital Equality, and the Supreme Tribunal, by Universal House of Justice (1996-06-27). Questions about monogamy, the Supreme Tribunal, and the Bahá'í concept of equality of the sexes in light of some Bahá'í laws and history which appear to undermine it [about]
- Social Action, Public Discourse, and Non-involvement in Political Affairs, by Universal House of Justice (2017-04-27). Alternative courses of action to civil disobedience, circumscribed roles for protest, and the freedom that Bahá’ís have to engage in social action and public discourse, particularly in relation to the principle of non-involvement in political affairs. [about]
- Tablet of Wisdom Questions and Answers, by Abdu'l-Bahá, in Ethel Jenner Rosenberg, the Life and Times of England's Outstanding Bahá'í Pioneer Worker, by Robert Weinberg (1995). Authorized translation of unpublished Tablet of 'Abdu'l-Bahá to Ethel Rosenberg in 1906 in reply to her questions about historical statements in the Lawh-i-Hikmat. [about]
- Takfir, declaration of unbelief: includes excerpts from Risáliy-i-Siyasiyyih, by Universal House of Justice (2001-04-18). Questions from an individual about the Muslim practice of takfir, declaring someone an unbeliever, whether this is practiced in the Bahá'í Faith, and questions related to "church and state", followed by the House's response. [about]
- Understanding Exclusivist Texts, by Seena Fazel, in Scripture and Revelation: Papers presented at the First Irfan Colloquium (1997). Contemporary religions, esp. Christianity, must examine their exclusivist claims to account for other paths to salvation. [about]
- Universal House of Justice, The, by Research Department of the Universal House of Justice (2021-02). Compilation about the "Universal House of Justice" from the writings of Bahá’u’lláh, 'Abdu’l-Bahá, and Shoghi Effendi, and from the constitution and letters of the Universal House of Justice. [about]
- Verge of the New, The: A Series of Talks, by Steven Phelps (2017-09-18). Introducing a way of looking at the past and future of religion in the context of the scientific revolution and the Enlightenment. Includes compilation of Writings on spiritual dislocation, science, language, spiritual evolution, nature, and revelation. [about]
See all locations, sorted numerically or alphabetically.