Search for tag "Decision making"
from the main catalogue
See all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
- Additional Prayers Revealed by Bahá'u'lláh, by Bahá'u'lláh (2018). [about]
- Balance in life, and pioneering versus getting an education, by Universal House of Justice (1994). Achieving balance and planning in "each important area of one's life," including balancing the need for education and a profession and pioneering. [about]
- Dynamics of Prayer, by Ruth Moffett (1973). Pilgrims note from the words of Shoghi Effendi about "five steps" for prayer and action (from 1954), followed by explanatory notes from the Universal House of Justice (from 1978). [about]
- Enacting Thought: Divine Will, Human Agency, and the Possibility of Justice, by Holly Hanson, in Journal of Bahá'í Studies, 19 (2009). Societies evolve through generations of human decision making. Using the examples of 300 years of politics in Uganda vis à vis England, processes that create injustice can be seen as gradual and unintentional, while implementing justice is deliberate. [about]
- Letter to Jináb-i-Áqá Mírzá Bádí'u'lláh Khán of Abadih, by Shoghi Effendi (1997). Answers four questions: (1) re "Crimson Scroll"; (2) re the "Sacred Night"; (3) re the "Tablet of the Bell"; and (4) using the Kitab-i-Aqdas for bibliomancy. [about]
- Messages from the Universal House of Justice 1963-1986: Third Epoch of the Formative Age, by Universal House of Justice (1996). [about]
- Prayer for Shaykh Kázim Samandar, by Bahá'u'lláh and Universal House of Justice (2001). Brief prayer revealed by Bahá'u'lláh to aid in making decisions. Translation and accompanying letter by the Bahá'í World Centre. [about]
- Prayer for Shaykh Kázim Samandar: Authorised Translation of Bahá'u'lláh's Prayers for Jináb-i-Samandarí, by Bahá'u'lláh, in Online Journal of Bahá'í Studies, 1 (2007). Authorised translation of a prayer for decision making. [about]
- Principles of Bahá'í Administration, by Bahá'u'lláh and Abdu'l-Bahá (1973). [about]
- The Role of Public Institutions in Ensuring Social Well-Being, by Alex Vedovi, in Bahá'í World (2020). Questions around government’s role in social welfare and the welfare state; Baha'i perspectives on the government's role in supporting well-being; taxation, wealth, and poverty; [about]
- Wisdom of the people: Potential and pitfalls in efforts by the Comanches to recreate traditional ways of building consensus, by Broome Benjamin J., in The American Indian Quarterly (2001). Includes mention that a few Indian nations have adopted the Baha'i "consultation" method of decision making. [about]