Search for tag "English language"
from the main catalogue
See all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
- Celestial Burning, A: A Selective Study of the Writings of Shoghi Effendi, by Jack McLean (2012). Style, content, and context of World Order of Baha'u'llah and Dispensation of Baha'u'llah: part of chapter 1 of this lengthy analysis of the work of Shoghi Effendi (pages 1-71), offered as a sample. [about]
- Language of Revelation and Status of Guardian's Translations, by Universal House of Justice (1992). The nature of the Guardian's translations into English. Though his writings are "authoritative," they do not make English a language of revelation. [about]
- Mirza Mihdi, "Holy Family", capitalization of pronouns, Guardian's use of English, by Universal House of Justice (1998). Five unrelated questions about Mirza Mihdi; use of the title "Holy Family"; capitalization of personal pronouns; and the Guardian's use of English in his translations. [about]
- On "Simplified English" Translations of the Bahá'í Writings, by Universal House of Justice (1998). Explanation that it is not necessary or acceptable to produce simplified "dilutions" of Shoghi Effendi's translations of the Bahá’í Writings. [about]
- Persian-speaking Believers in Anglophone Communities, by Universal House of Justice, in Bahá'í Canada, 8:6 (1996). Some Persian expatriates feel deprived of participation in Baha'i gatherings because of an inability to understand English. [about]