Search for tag "God, Names of"
from the main catalogue
See all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
- Elucidation of the Meaning of The Greatest Name, by Mirza Abu'l-Fadl Gulpaygani. Explanation of "The Greatest Name," with words of Abdu'l-Baha, as copied by May Maxwell. Source and date not known. [about]
- God the All-Humorous, by Universal House of Justice (1997). Did Baha'u'llah ever refer to God as the "All-Humorous"? [about]
- Goddess Religion, Ancient, by Universal House of Justice (1992). Ancient goddess religions and the role of the feminine in theology. [about]
- Greatest Name and the 99 Names of God, The: Compilation (1998). Includes (1) Allah'u'Abhá in Arabic, (2) compilation on the Baha'i and Islamic use of "Greatest Name," and (3) a list of the ninety-nine names of God from Islamic theology. [about]
- He Whom God Shall Make Manifest: Notes on Gematria, Tetractys, The Báb's identification of Him, and Opposition to Bahá'u'lláh, by Grover Gonzales (2020). On the Bab's use of numerology and cabalistic interpretation of scripture, and his use of amulets and talismans, as tools to help his disciples find and recognize the coming Manifestation, the "Qa'im," Man Yuzhiruhu'lláh. [about]
- Kitab-i-Panj Sha'n, by John Walbridge, in Sacred Acts, Sacred Space, Sacred Time: Baha'i Studies volume 1 (1996). Brief essay on, and partial translation of, this work of the Bab. [about]
- Names of God (2010). A list of some of the names of God from English translations of the Baha'i Writings. [about]
- Names of the Bahá'í Months, The: Separating Fact from Fiction, by Moojan Momen (2012). A blog post, compiled for the Wilmette Institute, on the original source of the names of the months of the Badí calendar — taken from a dawn prayer by the Fifth Shí’í Imám, Muhammad al-Báqir, for the month of Ramadan. [about]
- New Religions and Religious Movements: The Common Heritage, by Moshe Sharon, in Studies in Modern Religions and Religious Movements and the Bábí Bahá'í Faiths (2004). Excerpt from longer document including two short sections "Names and Letters - The Bab" and "The Letter bá'" [about]
- Taking Care with Translation of Sacred Scripture, by Edward Price (2016). Examination of the importance of using reliable translations of the Qur’án. Includes technical discussion of the meanings of Islam, Muslim, and Allah, aspects of the Arabic language, and errors of translation. [about]
- The Desire of the World: Materials for the contemplation of God and His Manifestation for this Day, by Ruhiyyih (Mary Maxwell) Khanum (1982). Compiled from the Words of Bahá’u’lláh. Includes a compilation of names and titles of God and of Bahá'u'lláh. [about]