Bahá'í Library Online
. . . .
.

Search for tag "House of ‘Údi K̲h̲ammar"

from the chronology

date event locations tags see also
2021. 8 Apr The Bahá'í World Centre announced the completion of a two-year project of seismic strengthening and restoration work on the House of ‘Abbúd. Bahá'u'lláh and His family moved to the house next door, the House of ‘Údí K̲h̲ammár, in 1871. In March of 1873, the owner of the adjacent house, Ilyás `Abbúd, offered to provide a room in his house for `Abdu'l-Bahá and Munírih Khánum after their marriage. He did this by opening a door in a contiguous wall. Later in 1973 'Abbud moved to the mansion at Bahji and the two houses fully were joined. The building had last been restored in the 1950's by the Guardian in preparation to receive pilgrims.

The restoration work was done to reproduce the House exactly as it had been when the Holy Family occupied it. No effort was spared. Even traditional glass-blowing techniques were used to produce the windowpanes. [BWNS1501]

BWC House of ‘Abbud; House of ‘Údi K̲h̲ammar; Ilyas `Abbud; Pilgrimage

from the chronology of Canada

no results
 
See all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.

See all locations, sorted numerically or alphabetically.

Home Site Map Forum Links Copyright About Contact
.
. .