Search for tag "Lote Tree"
from the main catalogue
See all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
- Hidden Words: Allusion to Progressive Revelation in Persian HW #77, by Daryl Lowery (1999). Student paper, exploring one of the longest and more mystical Hidden Words. [about]
- Paradise and Paradigm: Key Symbols in Persian Christianity and the Bahá'í Faith, by Christopher Buck (1999). Study of Baha'i and Christian symbology, the "first academic monograph comparing Christianity and the Baha'i Faith." [about]
- Sadratu'l-Muntahá, by Báb, The and Bahá'u'lláh (2003). Compilation on "The Tree beyond which there is no passing." [about]
- Seeing Double: The Covenant and the Tablet of Ahmad, by Todd Lawson, in Bahá'í Faith and the World's Religions (2005). The Tablet of Ahmad is believed to have special potency. "Seeing double" means both looking at the words of Scripture, and looking in the direction beyond the words, as indicated by the context. This paper also discusses the meaning of Covenant in Islam. [about]
- Symbolic Profile of the Bahá'í Faith, A, by Christopher Buck, in Journal of Bahá'í Studies, 8:4 (1998). [about]
- Verse of Light, the Sadratu'l-Muntahá (Divine Lote Tree), and the Unfoldment of God's Plan, The, by Shirley Macias (1991). Relationship of a key mystical Quranic verse, Súrih 24:35, to Bahá'í theology; includes a brief compilation of Bahá'í Writings about the Lote Tree. [about]