Search for tag "Protest (general)"
from the main catalogue
See all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
- "Double Crusade" and the American Baha'i Community, The, by Universal House of Justice (2018). Comments on what the double crusade means, how it relates to the current series of Plans of the Faith, what should be done to carry it out, and the Advent of Divine Justice. [about]
- Constructive Resilience, by Firaydoun Javaheri, in Journal of Bahá'í Studies, 28:4 (2018). How the perseverance of the Bahá'ís in Iran has resulted in the generality of the Iranian people beginning to admire and, in some cases, arising to assist the Bahá'ís. [about]
- Paradox of Protest in a Culture of Contest, The, by Michael Karlberg, in Peace and Change, 28:3 (2003). In our culture, political and legal institutions are structured as contests and reform is characterized as protest. This leads to injustice and unsustainability. Baha'i models of elections and decision-making offer a practical alternative. [about]
- Participation in Anti-War Demonstrations, by Universal House of Justice and National Spiritual Assembly of the Bahá'ís of the United Kingdom (2003). Two short letters from the House of Justice on avoiding political protest and anti-war demonstrations, followed by a longer letter from the NSA of the U.K. on "Responding to the Middle East Crisis." [about]
- Politics and Engagement in the Life of Society, by Universal House of Justice (2010). On which principles should guide Iranian believers in their participation in the life of society, and other themes related to political activism and social justice. [about]
- Social Action, Public Discourse, and Non-involvement in Political Affairs, by Universal House of Justice (2017). Alternative courses of action to civil disobedience, circumscribed roles for protest, and the freedom that Bahá’ís have to engage in social action and public discourse, particularly in relation to the principle of non-involvement in political affairs. [about]
- Treatise on Leadership: Introduction, by Juan Cole (1998). Informal notes about and introduction to `Abdu'l-Bahá's Risalih-i-Siyasiyyih (1893). [about]