Search for tag "Public discourse"
from the main catalogue
See all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
- Climate Change: Policies and Political Discourse, by Universal House of Justice (2017). On the science behind anthropogenic (human-caused) global warming, and how Baha'is might participate in activism and raising awareness of the issue while avoiding political divisiveness. [about]
- Five Year Plan, The: 2006-2011: Messages of the Universal House of Justice, by Universal House of Justice (2006). Five Ridvan messages, one message to the Counsellors, and three other letters. [about]
- For the Betterment of the World: The Worldwide Bahá'í Community's Approach to Social and Economic Development, by Office of Social and Economic Development (2003). Essays, photographs, and overviews of local projects around the world, illustrating how Bahá'í principles are being carried out in practice, prepared by the Office of Social and Economic Development of the Bahá'í International Community. [about]
- Grand Narratives and the Bahá'í Writings, by Ian Kluge, in Lights of Irfan, 18 (2017). Exploration of Baha'i teachings, inspired by the Guardian's call to "analyse the principles of the Faith and to correlate them with the modern aspects of philosophy and science," and on the thought of Oswald Spengler, Arnold Toynbee and Pitirim Sorokin. [about]
- Human Knowledge and the Advancement of Society, by Hoda Mahmoudi, in Journal of Bahá'í Studies, 22 (2012). Knowledge is the means toward realizing a global civilization. The current Five Year Plan focuses the Baha'i community’s consultation, reflection, and global growth, and the individual’s applying spiritual and secular knowledge to help this process. [about]
- Letter on social action and public discourse, by Universal House of Justice (2017). Alternative courses of action to civil disobedience and circumscribed roles for protest. [about]
- Relating the Faith to Current Issues, by Peter J. Khan (1986). Short essay outlining an approach to relate the teachings to current thoughts and problems of humanity. [about]
- Об изменении климата и доверии к науке, by Universal House of Justice (2017). Всемирный Дом Справедливости обсуждает вопрос изменения климата и затрагивает более общие темы доверия к науке, важности избегания крайностей в дискуссиях, совещания бахаи и действий в связи с глобальными проблемами, стоящими перед человечеством. [about]