Search for tag "Religion (general)"
from the main catalogue
See all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
- Filosofías y Analogías en Educación, by Boris Handal, in La Pluma del Conocimiento, 2 (2002). Teorías educativas recientes han validado académicamente el rol de las creencias, opiniones y emociones en el aprendizaje y la enseñanza, inclusive en las llamadas ciencias fácticas como las matemáticas.
- For the Student of Religion, by Bahá'í International Community. [about]
- Importance of Religion, The: Warwick Leaflets, by Warwick Bahá'í Bookshop (2015). [about]
- May Knowledge Grow in our Hearts: Applying Spiritual Principles to Development Practice, by Institute for Studies in Global Prosperity (2010). On how an organization can employ the methods of science and the principles of religion together while working for a more humane and just world, via the case of India's Seva Mandir (Temple of Service). [Link to PDF, offsite.] [about]
- New Religious System for Contemporary Society, by Peter Beyer, in Global Religious Vision, 1:4 (2001). On scholarship and categories of religions in the global society, religion as a function system, and unity in differences. Contains only one passing mention of the Baha'i Faith. [about]
- Science, Religion and Development: Some Initial Considerations, by Institute for Studies in Global Prosperity (2008). An initial set of concepts and principles guiding the exploration of the complementary and constructive contributions that both science and religion must make to processes of social and economic development. [Link to PDF, offsite.] [about]
- Science, Religion, and Development: Promoting a Discourse in India, Brazil, and Uganda, by Institute for Studies in Global Prosperity (2010). The experience and insights of academics, policy makers, and development practitioners who have contributed to the discourse on science, religion, and development on three continents. [Link to PDF, offsite.] [about]
- Seven Narratives of Religion: A Framework for Engaging Contemporary Research, by Benjamin Schewel, in Journal of Bahá'í Studies, 25:1-2 (2015). Academic discourse on religion is beginning to resonate with the broader Baha'i vision. Seven narrative frameworks are examined and contrasted: subtraction, renewal, transsecular, post-naturalist, construct, perennial, and developmental. [about]
- Study of Religion, The: Some Comments on Methodology of Studying Religion, by Moojan Momen, in Bahá'í Studies Review, 1:1 (1991). Reasons for the broad variety of different theoretical frameworks from which to view religious phenomena and the lack of a unified model. [about]