Search for tag "Sin (general)"
from the main catalogue
See all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
- Answered Questions, Some, by Abdu'l-Bahá (2014). New 2014 translation (with a version side-by-side with the original). [about]
- Christianity from a Bahá'í Perspective, by Robert Stockman (1998). Includes two topics: "A Baha'i approach to the Bible" and "Baha'i Writings on Jesus Christ." [about]
- Concept of Sin in the Bahá'í Faith, The, by Ali K. Merchant, in Global Religious Vision, 1:2 (2000). Just as Baha'is don't believe in the existence of evil as a real entity, likewise sin is but the absence of holiness. All the forces within us are God-given and thus potentially virtuous; their absence casts the shadow of sin. [about]
- Dying for Our Sins, by Rachel Woodlock (1998). Examination of the Christian doctrine of the substitutionary atonement and whether such a doctrine has a place within a Bahá'í theological framework. [about]
- Images of Christ in the writings of 'Abdu'l-Bahá, The, by Maryam Afshar, in Lights of Irfan, Volume 5 (2004). [about]
- Jesus Christ in the Bahá'í Writings, by Robert Stockman, in Bahá'í Studies Review, 2:1 (1992). While Christians traditionally believe the Gospels to be substantially accurate, little is known about Jesus and what he actually taught; the Baha'i writings fill in many of these gaps. [about]
- Laws Abrogated by Bahá'u'lláh (2018). Laws abolished from previous religions and from the Bayán. [about]
- List of Articles on BahaiTeachings.org, by Christopher Buck (2014). List of online essays and articles by Christopher Buck. [about]
- List of Articles on BahaiTeachings.org, by John Hatcher (2015). List of online essays and articles by Dr. John Hatcher. [about]
- Notes on Words of the Guardian, by Virginia Orbison (1956). Ten pages of notes, preserved as an appendix to Orbison's lengthy manuscript "Diary of a Pilgrimage to the Holy Land, Made by Virginia Orbison, January 15 to February 11". [about]