Search for tag "Spiritual Growth"
|1983. 1 Sep
|In a message addressed to the National Spiritual Assembly of Norway the Universal House of Justice included a six-point summary of 'the essential requisites for our spiritual growth'. Written on behalf of the House of Justice, this significant letter expressed its confidence that if the believers practised the suggested disciplines they would penetrate the 'miasma of materialism' impeding the growth of the Faith in Europe. The suggestions have been gleaned from the Writings of Bahá'u'lláh and were stressed again and again in the talks and Tablets of 'Abdu'l-Bahá. The points were:
- The recital each day of one of the Obligatory Prayers with pure-hearted devotion.
- The regular reading of the Sacred Scriptures, specifically at least each morning and evening, with reverence, attention and thought.
- Prayerful meditation on the Teachings, so that we may understand them more deeply, fulfill them more faithfully, and convey them more accurately to others.
- Striving every day to bring our behavior more into accordance with the high standards that are set forth in the Teachings.
- Teaching the Cause of God.
- Selfless service in the work of the Cause and in the carrying on of our trade or profession.
They also suggested that in their private meditation the believers use the repetition of the Greatest Name, Alláh-u-Abhá, ninety-five times a day which, although at that time it was not yet applied in the West, it was among the Laws, Ordinances and Exhortations of the Kitáb-i-Aqdas.
See Personal Pathway for Spiritual Growth : A Personal Commentary on the Universal House of Justice's Six Requisites for Spiritual Growth by David and Carol Bowie.
|Meditation; Spiritual growth; Materialism
|2002. 31 Jul
|The publication of Personal Pathway for Spiritual Growth : A Personal Commentary on the Universal House of Justice's Six Requisites for Spiritual Growth by David and Carol Bowie.
The book was written in response to the message from the Universal House of Justice dated 1 September 1983.
|New Liskeard, ON
|Personal Pathway for Spiritual Growth; Spiritual Growth; David Bowie; Carol Bowie
from the main catalogue
See all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
- Meditation, Prayer, and Spiritualization, by Universal House of Justice (1983-09-01). Practicing personal spirituality and methods for achieving spiritual growth. [about]
- Messages from the Universal House of Justice 1963-1986: Third Epoch of the Formative Age, by Universal House of Justice (1996). [about]
- Spiritual Growth, Essential Requisites for, by Universal House of Justice (1983-09-01). Letter to Europe, its historically-recent turn away from religion, six ways to improve spirituality, and the importance of prayer and meditation. [about]
- Spiritualization of the Bahá'í Community: A Plan for Teaching, by National Spiritual Assembly of the Bahá'ís of Ireland and Adib Taherzadeh (1982). A three-part collection consisting of a letter from the NSA of Ireland, a letter from Taherzadeh to the Bahá'ís of Ireland regarding the spiritualization of the Bahá'í community, and the preamble for a plan of action for teaching. [about]
- The "Tablet of the True Seeker" from the Kitáb-i-Íqán (Book of Certitude), by Bahá'u'lláh (1931). Guidance to the true seeker. [about]
See all locations, sorted numerically or alphabetically.