Search for tag "Teachings"
from the main catalogue
See all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
- 'Abdu'l-Bahá's Explanation of the Teachings of Bahá'u'lláh Tablets and Talks Translated into English (1911-1920), by Peter Terry, in Lights of Irfan, Book 1 (2000). A review of the varied lists of Bahá'í principles' presented by 'Abdu'l-Bahá in various of his writings and talks translated into English. Contrary to popular belief there is no standard list, and some 38 separate principles can be identified. [about]
- Bahá'í Faith: Prophecy and Conversion, by Brian J. Mistler (2001). Results of a field study of Bahá'ís in the United States and Australia which demonstrate that family connections and social teachings are greater incentives to conversion than prophecy is.
- Baha'i Faith, The: The Emerging Global Religion, by William S. Hatcher and Douglas Martin (1985). Overview of Bahá'í history and teachings, designed as an introductory textbook. Available in English or in Persian. [about]
- Bahá'í Social Teachings, by Moojan Momen (1996). Overview of Bahá'í teachings on prejudice, gender equality, the environment, human rights, economics, and government policy. [about]
- Baha'u'llah and Human Nobility, by Nader Saiedi (2015). Perspectives on the concept of nobility, from Zoroaster to Max Weber and Nietzsche; Rousseau to Bahá'u'lláh; institutionalization of human dignity; reinterpretation of religion. [about]
- Because Baha'u'llah said so: Dealing with a non-starter in moral reasoning, by Arash Abizadeh, in Bahá'í Studies Review, 5:1 (1995). Discusses a popular but misleading versus more philosophically responsible approaches to revelation. [about]
- Before Abraham Was, I am, by Thornton Chase (1902). Open letter to a new Bahá'í summarizing the Bahá'í revelation through a Christian perspective. [about]
- Epistle to the Son of the Wolf (Lawh-i-Ibn-i-Dhib): Excerpts from Revelation of Baha'u'llah, by Adib Taherzadeh, in The Revelation of Bahá'u'lláh 1877-92, Vol. IV, Mazra'ih & Bahjí (1987). Excerpts from chapters 24-25, compiled for the Wilmette Institute. [about]
- Epistle to the Son of the Wolf (Lawh-i-Ibn-i-Dhib): Self-quotations from Baha'u'llah found in Epistle to the Son of the Wolf (1998). Compares Bahá'u'lláh's self-quotations in the Epistle with their earlier versions. [about]
- Fundamental Verities, by Universal House of Justice (1996). Meaning of the phrase "fundamental verities of the Faith" in the writings of Shoghi Effendi. [about]
- Indigenous Messengers of God, by Christopher Buck and Kevin Locke (2014). 68 essays on Native American theology and history from the perspective of Bahá'í teachings. [about]
- List of Articles on BahaiTeachings.org, by John S. Hatcher (2015). List of online essays and articles by Dr. John Hatcher. [about]
- List of Articles on BahaiTeachings.org, by Christopher Buck (2020). List of online essays and articles by Christopher Buck since 2014. [about]
- Ocean of His Utterances, The, by Howard Colby Ives (1963). Unpublished study course in the Revelation of Bahá'u'lláh using the books of Bahá'u'lláh, Abdu'l‑Baha, and Shoghi Effendi, compiled and with commentary by Ives. Not yet formatted. [about]
- Pattern of Bahá'í life, The (1948). Quotes not readily available elsewhere online, from a compilation of Bahá'í Writings on personal character. [about]
- Prescription for Living, by Ruhiyyih (Mary Maxwell) Khanum (1950). Thoughts on how to weave a happy individual life and a happy, united, world life: on love and marriage, death, work, habits, sorrow and trial, and the Bahá'í teachings. [about]
- Proselytizing, Development, and the Covenant, by Universal House of Justice, in Messages from the Universal House of Justice: 1963-1986, The Third Epoch of the Formative Age (1996). Teaching vs. proselytization; applying Bahá'í social teachings without becoming ensnared in prevailing cultural mores; and the uniqueness of the Bahá'í covenant. [about]
- Unrestrained as the Wind: A Life Dedicated to Bahá'u'lláh (1985). Compilation of quotations on topics of especial interest to Bahá'í youth. [about]
- Windows to the Past, by Darius Shahrokh (1992). Deepening talks on 25 topics about Bahá'í history and teachings, downloadable in MP3 audio format and PDF transcripts. [about]
See all locations, sorted numerically or alphabetically.