Search for tag "Teachings"
from the main catalogue
See all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
- 'Abdu'l-Bahá's Explanation of the Teachings of Bahá'u'lláh Tablets and Talks Translated into English (1911-1920), by Peter Terry, in Lights of Irfan, Book 1 (2000). A review of the varied lists of Bahá'í principles' presented by 'Abdu'l-Bahá in various of his writings and talks translated into English. Contrary to popular belief there is no standard list, and some 38 separate principles can be identified. [about]
- Additional Tablets, Extracts and Talks, by Abdu'l-Bahá (2018/2023). 167 selections, updated August 2023. [about]
- Bahá'í Faith: Prophecy and Conversion, by Brian J. Mistler (2001-02). Results of a field study of Bahá'ís in the United States and Australia which demonstrate that family connections and social teachings are greater incentives to conversion than prophecy is.
- Baha'i Faith, The: The Emerging Global Religion, by William S. Hatcher and Douglas Martin (1985/2011). Overview of Bahá'í history and teachings, designed as an introductory textbook. Available in English or in Persian. [about]
- Bahá'í Social Teachings, by Moojan Momen (1996). Overview of Bahá'í teachings on prejudice, gender equality, the environment, human rights, economics, and government policy. [about]
- Baha'u'llah and Human Nobility, by Nader Saiedi (2015). Perspectives on the concept of nobility, from Zoroaster to Max Weber and Nietzsche; Rousseau to Bahá'u'lláh; institutionalization of human dignity; reinterpretation of religion. [about]
- Because Baha'u'llah said so: Dealing with a non-starter in moral reasoning, by Arash Abizadeh, in Bahá'í Studies Review, 5:1 (1995). Discusses a popular but misleading versus more philosophically responsible approaches to revelation. [about]
- Before Abraham Was, I am, by Thornton Chase (1902-09-27). Open letter to a new Bahá'í summarizing the Bahá'í revelation through a Christian perspective. [about]
- Epistle to the Son of the Wolf (Lawh-i-Ibn-i-Dhib): Excerpts from Revelation of Baha'u'llah, by Adib Taherzadeh, in The Revelation of Bahá'u'lláh 1877-92, Vol. IV, Mazra'ih & Bahjí (1987). Excerpts from chapters 24-25, compiled for the Wilmette Institute. [about]
- Epistle to the Son of the Wolf (Lawh-i-Ibn-i-Dhib): Self-quotations from Baha'u'llah found in Epistle to the Son of the Wolf (1998). Compares Bahá'u'lláh's self-quotations in the Epistle with their earlier versions. [about]
- Fundamental Verities, by Universal House of Justice (1996-11-12). Meaning of the phrase "fundamental verities of the Faith" in the writings of Shoghi Effendi. [about]
- Historical Context for the Prayer 'O God! Refresh and Gladden My Spirit...': Extract from the Diary of Ahmad Sohrab, by Ahmad Sohrab (1914-05-09). Two page excerpt from the diary, dated May 9 1914, responding to these questions: what should Bahá'ís expect to accomplish; the origin of evil; the purpose of one's life; the Golden Age; what is hell; what are Bahá'u'lláh's objectives. [about]
- Indigenous Messengers of God, by Christopher Buck and Kevin Locke (2014-2020). 68 essays on Native American theology and history from the perspective of Bahá'í teachings. [about]
- List of Articles on BahaiTeachings.org, by Christopher Buck (2020). List of online essays and articles by Christopher Buck since 2014. [about]
- List of Articles on BahaiTeachings.org, by John S. Hatcher (2021). List of online essays and articles by Dr. John Hatcher. [about]
- Ocean of His Utterances, The, by Howard Colby Ives (1963/1977). Unpublished study course in the Revelation of Bahá'u'lláh using the books of Bahá'u'lláh, Abdu'l‑Baha, and Shoghi Effendi, compiled and with commentary by Ives. Not yet formatted. [about]
- Outline of the "Tablet of the True Seeker" from Bahá'u'lláh's Kitáb-i-Íqán (Book of Certitude) (2023). 34-point outline summary. [about]
- Pattern of Bahá'í life, The (1948/1983). Quotes not readily available elsewhere online, from a compilation of Bahá'í Writings on personal character. [about]
- Prescription for Living, by Ruhiyyih (Mary Maxwell) Khanum (1950/1978/2015). Thoughts on how to weave a happy individual life and a happy, united, world life: on love and marriage, death, work, habits, sorrow and trial, and the Bahá'í teachings. [about]
- Proselytizing, Development, and the Covenant, by Universal House of Justice, in Messages from the Universal House of Justice: 1963-1986, The Third Epoch of the Formative Age (1996). Teaching vs. proselytization; applying Bahá'í social teachings without becoming ensnared in prevailing cultural mores; and the uniqueness of the Bahá'í covenant. [about]
- Two Parts of the Law of God, The: The Essential and the Secondary Teachings of the True Religion of God, and Counterfeit Doctrines (2022). Four compilations on themes related to the progressive revelation of the religion of God; essential vs. secondary teachings; counterfeit doctrines of the false religion of man. [about]
- Unrestrained as the Wind: A Life Dedicated to Bahá'u'lláh (1985). Compilation of quotations on topics of especial interest to Bahá'í youth. [about]
- Windows to the Past, by Darius Shahrokh (1992). Deepening talks on 25 topics about Bahá'í history and teachings, downloadable in MP3 audio format and PDF transcripts. [about]
See all locations, sorted numerically or alphabetically.