Search for tag "Worship (general)"
from the main catalogue
See all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
- Chinese Family Religion and World Religion, by Yeo Yew Hock, in Singapore Bahá'í Studies Review, vol. 2 (1997). Principles of filial piety and ancestor worship as practised in Chinese tradition; maintenance of genealogies and moral instruction of children with traditions of their forebears and "ancestral cults" help to reinforce the lineage and family solidarity. [about]
- Countenance of the Blessed Beauty in the Mirror of Mawlúd Tablets, The, by Foad Seddigh, in Lights of Irfan, 19 (2018). Review of four tablets in compilation from the Universal House of Justice about the commemoration of the anniversary of the birth of the Báb and Bahá’u’lláh, and guidance from 2015 intended to harmonize their lunar and solar dates. [about]
- Entering into Obligatory Prayer: Introduction and Commentary, by Ismael Velasco (2006). Overview of Baha'i prayer, its historical background, and a detailed commentary on the preamble to the Long Obligatory Prayer. [about]
- Hindu Concept of God, The: Unity in Diversity, by Anjam Khursheed, in Singapore Bahá'í Studies Review, vol. 2 (1997). The fundamental unity behind Hindu concepts of God and those found in the Semitic traditions, and the principle of unity in diversity, allow Hindu and Baha'i beliefs to come together and further their common goal of uniting the world's religions. [about]
- Hinduism and the Bahá'í Faith, by Moojan Momen (1990). An attempt to explore the relationship between Hinduism and the Bahá'í Faith and to explain the Bahá'í Faith to those who are from a Hindu background. [about]
- Messages from the Universal House of Justice 1963-1986: Third Epoch of the Formative Age, by Universal House of Justice (1996). [about]
- Miracles in Religion: A Study of the miraculous in religion in context of the Baha'i Faith, by Anil Sarwal (1996). [about]
- Out of Jewish Roots: Studies of Prayer Patterns in Jewish, Christian, Muslim and Bahá'í Worship, by Ted Brownstein, in Lights of Irfan, Volume 7 (2006). [about]
- Prayer and Worship, by John Walbridge, in Sacred Acts, Sacred Space, Sacred Time (1996). An overview of devotional practices and prayers in Babism and the Baha'i Faith. [about]
- Searching for God in time and memory: An examination of Bahá'í prayer as 'remembrance', by Christopher White, in Reason and Revelation: Studies in the Babi and Bahá'í Religions, 13 (2002). Describes Bahá'í prayer practices as a way to understand the human self and the Divine and overcoming the gap between the two. [about]
- Worship, by Robert Stockman (1995). [about]