Search for all title keywords:
- Alain Locke, by Christopher Buck, in American Writers: A Collection of Literary Biographies, Supplement XIV (2004). Published Articles. [about]
- Alain Locke: Baha'i Philosopher, by Christopher Buck, in Bahá'í Studies Review, 10 (2001). Biography of one of the important African American intellectuals and his impact on American thought and culture. Includes two letters written by or on behalf of Shoghi Effendi. Published Articles. [about]
- Alain Locke: Faith and Philosophy, by Christopher Buck (2005). Books. [about]
- Alain Locke, by Christopher Buck, in Pop Culture Universe: Icons Idols Ideas (2013). Encyclopedia articles. [about]
- Alain Locke: 'Race Amity' and the Bahá'í Faith, by Christopher Buck (2007). Presentation in slide format about the "First Black Rhodes Scholar." Presentations. [about]
- Alain Locke: Bahá'í Principles and the Salvation of Democracy, by Christopher Buck (2007). Long presentation in slide format on the history and influence of Alain Locke. Presentations. [about]
- Alain Locke and Cultural Pluralism, by Christopher Buck, in Search for Values: Ethics in Bahá'í Thought (2004). Published Articles. [about]
- Alain Locke materials: index to some documents online (2010). List of the various documents at the Baha'i Library Online by or about Alain Locke, an American writer, philosopher, educator, and patron of the arts who received a Tablet from Abdu'l-Baha. Bibliographies. [about]
- Alain Locke: Faith and Philosophy, by Christopher Buck: Review, by Derik Smith, in World Order, 38:3 (2008). Book Reviews. [about]
- Alain Locke: Faith and Philosophy, by Christopher Buck: Reviews, by William P. Collins and Anthony Fitchue (2006). Three reviews of the book Alain Locke: Faith and Philosophy. Book Reviews. [about]
- Alain Locke: Race Leader, Social Philosopher, Baha'i Pluralist: includes Alain Locke in his Own Words: Three Essays and a poem, by Christopher Buck and Alain Locke, in World Order, 36:3 (2005). Article by Buck, poem "The Moon Maiden" and three essays by Locke introduced by Buck: "The Gospel for the Twentieth Century," "Peace between Black and White in the United States," and "Five Phases of Democracy: Farewell Address at Talladega College." Published Articles. [about]
- Alain Locke: Race Leader, Social Philosopher, Bahá'í Pluralist: 94th Annual Commemoration of ‘Abdu'l-Baha's 1912 Visit to Howard University, by Christopher Buck (2006). Available both as audio and PDF, and includes press release. Presentations. [about]
- Bahá'í 'Race Amity' Movement and the Black Intelligentsia in Jim Crow America, The: Alain Locke and Robert Abbott, by Christopher Buck, in Bahá'í Studies Review, 17 (2011). W. E. B. Du Bois, Alain L. Locke and Robert S. Abbott, ranked as the 4th, 36th and 41st most influential in African American history, all expressed interest in the Baha’i ethic of world unity, from family to international relations, and social crisis. Published Articles. [about]
- Letters to Alain Locke, by Shoghi Effendi and Ruhi Afnan, et al. (2010). Collection of letters between Shoghi Effendi, his secretary, and Alain Locke, and related historical material on Locke. Historical documents. [about]
- Locke, Alain, by Christopher Buck, in Encyclopedia of African American History, Volume 1, ed. Leslie M. Alexander (2010). Encyclopedia articles. [about]
- Locke, Alain Leroy, by Leonard Harris, in American National Biography Online (2014). Biographies. [about]
Click "Match any keyword" to find documents with any of those words in the title or subtitle, "match all keywords" to find documents that have every word in the title or subtitle, or "exact match" to search for an exact phrase.
- Try searching with and without apostophes: Bahai and Baha'i return different results.
- Diacritics are ignored: Babi and Bábí return the same results.
- Searches are matched to any part of a word: searching for test will also return testament.
- Unless you've checked "exact phrase," 1- and 2-letter words will not be searched.
- Unless you've checked "exact phrase," the following 3- 5-letter words are also not searched: about, also, and, any, are, but, for, from, has, have, how, its, some, that, the, these, their, this, was, what, when, where, who, with.
- For "exact" searching, please know that our database has separate fields for Title and Subtitle. E.g., the title High Endeavors: Letters to Alaska will only show up in "exact phrase" if you query High Endeavors or Letters to Alaska.
- Type your searches directly into your browser's address bar, like this: bahai-library.com/title/bibliography tablets
(entering two or more terms using this address-bar shortcut defaults to "match all keywords")