Search for location "Bahia"
See all locations, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
|1940 (In the year)
||The first local spiritual assembly in Brazil was established in Bahia, with the assistance of Leonora Holsapple Armstrong.
||Leonora Holsapple Armstrong
|1977 27 – 30 Jan
||An International Teaching Conference was held in Bahia, Brazil, attended by 1,300 Bahá’ís, the largest such gathering of Bahá’ís to date in Brazil. [BW17:81; VV33]
For the message of the Universal House of Justice see BW17:137–8.
For pictures see BW17:110, 124–5.
||Bahia; Brazil; Latin America
||Conferences, Bahai; Conferences, Teaching; Conferences, International; Teaching
|1980 17 Oct
||Leonora Stirling Holsapple Armstrong, (b.June 23, 1895, Hudson, New York), the ‘spiritual mother of South America’ and the first Latin American pioneer, passed away in Bahia, Brazil. She had served on the Continental Board of Counsellors from her appointment in 1973. [Mess63-86p248; BW18:738; VV32]
For her obituary see BW18:733–738.
See Armstrong, Counsellor Leonora: A Loving Portrait by Kristine Leonard Asuncion. Brief biographical sketch of Counsellor Armstrong, the "Spiritual Mother of South America" .
||Leonora Holsapple Armstrong; Names and titles; In Memoriam
- Locations are simplified spellings used to find documents on a similar topic but with various titles.
- Searches match parts of a location: searching for state will also show United States.
- 1- and 2-letter words will not be searched.
- Please contact us if you can help add locations.
- See also all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.