Search for tag "Virtues"
from the main catalogue
See all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
- Beauty of the Human Psyche, The: The Patterns of the Virtues, by Rhett Diessner, in Journal of Bahá'í Studies, 26:4 (2016). Insights from science and the Bahá'í Writings combine to show how the human soul is a shining of divine attributes reflected into our mind, where they manifest as virtuous thoughts and spiritual emotions. [about]
- Fragility of Goodness, The: Hexis and Praxis in the Historical Figure of 'Abdu'l-Baha, by Shahbaz Fatheazam, in Lights of Irfan, 13 (2012). How personal character and activity can survive negative pressures from the external world, and what can be learned from the example of Abdu'l-Baha's social action. [about]
- High-Performance Organization, The: An Assessment of Virtues and Values, by Lawrence M. Miller (2001). How a people-centered organization can enhance competitiveness and job satisfaction. [about]
- Living the Life, by Shoghi Effendi, in Compilation of Compilations, Volume 2 (1991). [about]
- Memorials of the Faithful: Virtues of Inner and Outer Transformation, by Marlene Koswan, in Lights of Irfan, 17 (2016). A study of the virtues identified for the faithful individuals mentioned in "Memorials of the Faithful" and how they exemplified character, manners and conduct, using the "Seven Valleys" as a guide for human conduct. [about]
- Messages from the Universal House of Justice 1963-1986: Third Epoch of the Formative Age, by Universal House of Justice (1996). [about]
- New morality, The: An outline, by Udo Schaefer, in Bahá'í Studies Review, 5:1 (1995). Proposal that Bahá'u'lláh's ethical teachings rest on metaphysical premises about God and humankind, specifically the teleological and the deontological. [about]
- Shared Value Priorities in Groups: The Impact of the Bahá'i Faith on Values, by Faezeh Afshar (2012). Examination of value priorities held by Baha'is and the degree of their religiousity, using data obtained by an online survey of over 1,000 responses. Link to thesis (offsite). [about]
- Sin-covering Gaze, by Universal House of Justice (2001). Brief explanation of a possible source for a story of Christ told by Abdu'l-Baha about encountering a dead dog and commenting on the beauty of its teeth; i.e., having a "sin-covering gaze." [about]
- Sincerity: The Foundation Stone of Faith (2007). [about]
- Trustworthiness: A Cardinal Bahá'í Virtue, by Bahá'u'lláh and Abdu'l-Bahá, in Compilation of Compilations, Volume 2 (1991). [about]
- Universal Values, by William S. Hatcher, in The Science of Morality: Collected Papers (2007). Contains no mention of the Baha'i Faith. [about]
- Why Are We Here: Meaning of Life: Warwick Leaflets, by Warwick Bahá'í Bookshop (2003). [about]