Search for all author/editor names:
"James B. Thomas"
- Elements of Immortality: A Nexus of Proofs by 'Abdu'l-Bahá in Some Answered Questions, by James B. Thomas (2009-05). This paper approaches the mystery of immortality in four steps that are based on objective reasoning by ‘Abdu’l-Bahá: the spirit of man; immortality of the spirit; proof with respect to progress after death; entrance into the Kingdom of God. Unpublished Articles. [about]
- Emergence of World Civilization, The: An Exposition on Excerpts from the Writings of Shoghi Effendi, by James B. Thomas, in Lights of Irfan, Volume 8 (2007). A study of the Guardian's "The Unfoldment of World Civilization" (1936); humanity's coming of age; the process of integration; pangs of death and birth during an age of transition; collapse of Islam; breakdown of political and economic structures. Published Articles. [about]
- Exposition of the Tablet of the World (Lawh-i-Dunyá), An, by James B. Thomas, in Lights of Irfan, 4 (2003). To fully appreciate the historical significance of the Tablet of the World, this essay first portrays the developing conditions in Persia and in the world that preceded this Tablet, then discusses its salient points. Published Articles. [about]
- Exposition on the Fire Tablet by Bahá'u'lláh, An, by James B. Thomas, in Lights of Irfan, Book 3 (2002). A description of Bahá'u'lláh's Fire Tablet, a dialogue between himself and God on suffering and sacrifice, and an account of its historical context; mystical intercourse between the twin stations of Bahá'u'lláh, human and divine. Published Articles. [about]
- Mystery of Divinity, The: A Comparison of Traditional Views of Divinity to Those in Some Answered Questions, by James B. Thomas, in Lights of Irfan, 12 (2011). A new paradigm of spiritual evolution, and a possible platform for philosophical dissertation regarding religious influence on secular matters in the modern world. Published Articles. [about]
- Overture to Universal Peace: An exposition based on the talk by 'Abdu'l-Bahá, New York City, December 4, 1912, by James B. Thomas (2011). Philosophical perspectives on the nature of purpose vs. chance, the fallacy of accidental divinity, inner and outer reality, the nature of ignorance, and the inevitability of universal peace. Unpublished Articles. [about]
- Rise of Justice in the Spiritual and Secular Life of Man, The: excerpts from The Advent of Divine Justice by Shoghi Effendi, by James B. Thomas, in Lights of Irfan, Volume 9 (2008). The Advent of Divine Justice (1938) raised the consciousness of the American Bahá’í community, introduced systematic methods for expansion of the Faith and a new conception of justice, and emphasized the special role of the American Bahá’ís. Published Articles. [about]
- Seeds of Revelation and the Mystic Bond between The Báb and Bahá'u'lláh: An Exposition on Excerpts from the Persian Bayán, by James B. Thomas, in Lights of Irfan, Volume 7 (2006). A comparison of some of the writings of the Báb and Bahá'u'lláh, showing the unique, mysterious bond between them as the Twin Messengers of the Bahá'í Dispensation. Published Articles. [about]
- Service, Joy and Sacrifice: An Essay on Commentaries by 'Abdu'l-Bahá, by James B. Thomas, in Lights of Irfan, Volume 5 (2004). On the exemplary life of service to God and to humankind; choosing to change one's life from predominately one of self-interest to one of sharing; the spiritual transformation which often follows such a change. Published Articles. [about]
- Signs of Prophet-Hood, The: An Exposition on a Tablet by 'Abdu'l-Bahá, by James B. Thomas, in Lights of Irfan, Volume 6 (2005). On the signs of a Manifestation of God as articulated by ‘Abdu'l-Bahá; the type of proof utilized; the sequence of signs shown, some self-evident, others at a deeper level of meaning; historical confirmation. Published Articles. [about]
- World Peace in a Piecemeal World: An exposition on excerpts from the writings of `Abdu'l-Bahá, by James B. Thomas (2008). World peace is a challenge facing mankind that must be clearly identified; remedies are put forth for possible solutions in vanquishing the barriers to peace; both secular and religious underpinnings are proposed to support a universal solution for peace. Unpublished Articles. [about]
- Searches match any part of a name: searching for Khan will also return Khanum.
- Type your searches directly into your browser's address bar, like this: bahai-library.com/author/Jonah Winters
(entering two or more names using this address-bar shortcut defaults to "match all names")