Search for tag "1844"
from the main catalogue
See all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
- Answered Questions, Some, by Abdu'l-Bahá (2014). 'Table talks' given by ‘Abdu’l‑Bahá in ‘Akká between 1904 and 1906 in response to questions posed by Laura Dreyfus-Barney; first published in 1908, the new 2014 edition has been extensively retranslated. [about]
- Babi Movement in Iran, The: From Religious Dissent to Political Revolt, 1844, by Ahmad Nur Fuad (1998). Development of the Bábí movement and the political implications of its religious teachings, as seen in its shift from purely religious dissent to political dissent. [about]
- Brief Introduction to Millennial Zeal in the Nineteenth Century, A, by Chris Manvell and Carolyn Sparey-Gillies (1997). Joseph Wolff, William Miller, and millennial zeal in early 19th-century America; biblical proofs of the return of Christ; the appearance of the Báb in Iran. [about]
- Dawn over Mount Hira and Other Essays, by Marzieh Gail (1976). A collection of essays on various topics of interest to Bahá'í studies and history. Most of these were first published in Star of the West and World Order between 1929 and 1971. [about]
- End of Days, by Moshe Sharon, in Lights of Irfan, 19 (2018). On the word “messiah”, the anointed, which describes the redeemer like a priest, consecrated by being anointed with holy oil; prophecies about the last days and the final coming; predictions about the time of the "end," which Bahá'ís interpret as 1863. [about]
- Thief in the Night: The Case of the Missing Millennium, by William Sears (1961). In the early 19th-century there was world-wide and fervent expectation that during the 1840s the return of Christ would take place. Did this happen, or was it all a dream? [about]
- Unknown Hour, The, by David Friedman (1998). Christians believe the Bible does not specify the time of Christ's return, but the Bahá'í teachings are that an exact year, 1844, is indicated in the Bible for the time of the Second Coming. [about]
See all locations, sorted numerically or alphabetically.