Search for tag "Appreciations"
from the main catalogue
See all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
- Appreciations of the Bahá'í Faith, in Bahá'í World, Vol. 8 (1938-1940) (1941). Excerpts from books, magazines, newspaper articles, and testimonials. [about]
- Bahá'ís, The, by Lady Sarah Louisa Blomfield, in The Sufi Quarterly, 3 (1928). A "comprehensive account of the inspiration and ideals upon which Baha’ism is built up" — overview of the history and teachings of the Bahá'í Faith. [about]
- Faith of Bahá'u'lláh, The: A World Religion, by Shoghi Effendi (1947-07). A summary of the origin, teachings and institutions of the Bahá'í Faith, prepared in 1947 for the United Nations Special Committee on Palestine by Shoghi Effendi in his capacity as Head of the Bahá'í Faith. [about]
- Her Eternal Crown: Queen Marie of Romania and the Bahá'í Faith, by Della L. Marcus: Review, by Robert Postlethwaite, in Journal of Bahá'í Studies, 11:1-2 (2000). [about]
- Indexes to Bahá'í World volumes: Obituaries, chronologies, contents, illustrations, in Bahá'í World (2013). Seven separate indexes for Bahá'í World, in PDF, Word, and Excel versions. [about]
- Mission of the Báb, The: Retrospective 1844-1994, by Douglas Martin, in Bahá'í World, Vol. 23 (1994-1995) (1996). The revelation of the Báb in the context of its impact on the Western writers of the period and its subsequent influence. [about]
- New Cycle of Human Power, A: Abdu'l-Bahá's Encounters with Modernist Writers and Artists, by Robert Weinberg, in Bahá'í World (2021-01). On the impact of ‘Abdu’l-Bahá on a number of individuals who were at the cultural vanguard of a society undergoing rapid, radical change. [about]
- Tales of Magnificent Heroism: The Impact of the Báb and His Followers on Writers and Artists, by Robert Weinberg, in Bahá'í World (2019-11). This concise survey explores how this particular episode in humanity’s religious history resonated so strongly through the decades that followed. [about]
- World Into One Nation, The: World Peace and the Bahá'í Faith, by Nahzy Abadi Buck (1981-06). How a whole human society, united and cooperative, can be like a single family. Includes overview of opinions of world leaders on the Bahá'í Faith, essential elements of the Faith, cooperation of the Bahá'í International Community with the United Nations. [about]
See all locations, sorted numerically or alphabetically.