Search for tag "Appreciations"
from the main catalogue
See all tags, sorted numerically or alphabetically.
- A New Cycle of Human Power: Abdu'l-Bahá's Encounters with Modernist Writers and Artists, by Robert Weinberg, in Bahá'í World (2021). On the impact of ‘Abdu’l-Bahá on a number of individuals who were at the cultural vanguard of a society undergoing rapid, radical change. [about]
- Appreciations of the Bahá'í Faith, in Bahá'í World, Vol. 8 (1938-1940) (1941). Excerpts from books, magazines, newspaper articles, and testimonials. [about]
- Faith of Bahá'u'lláh, The: A World Religion, by Shoghi Effendi (1947). A summary of the origin, teachings and institutions of the Bahá'í Faith, prepared in 1947 for the United Nations Special Committee on Palestine by Shoghi Effendi in his capacity as Head of the Bahá'í Faith. [about]
- Indexes to Bahá'í World volumes: Obituaries, chronologies, contents, illustrations, in Bahá'í World (2013). Seven separate indexes for Bahá'í World, in PDF, Word, and Excel versions. [about]
- Mission of the Báb, The: Retrospective 1844-1994, by Douglas Martin, in Bahá'í World, Vol. 23 (1994-1995) (1996). The revelation of the Báb in the context of its impact on the Western writers of the period and its subsequent influence. [about]
- Tales of Magnificent Heroism: The Impact of the Báb and His Followers on Writers and Artists, by Robert Weinberg, in Bahá'í World (2019). This concise survey explores how this particular episode in humanity’s religious history resonated so strongly through the decades that followed. [about]
- World Into One Nation, The: World Peace and the Bahá'í Faith, by Nahzy Abadi Buck (1981). How a whole human society, united and cooperative, can be like a single family. Includes overview of opinions of world leaders on the Baha'i Faith, essential elements of the Faith, cooperation of the Baha'i International Community with the United Nations. [about]